Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Its normal.. especially considering everyone running in, trying to name their tribe, and place their totem, with most not leaving till they have completed said task...

I find it amusing that so many think a wipe is going to fix all this... Might it be a lil better? perhaps....

I don't believe their is a "fix" for a launch day land rush. Most MMOs cant handle a typical launch, never mind something like this.. but then again, i'm not a developer......

edit.. guess we wiping.. heres hoping the next one goes better..... or it will get real ugly
    If they do manage to save a lot of the totem locations and sort out who owns them, those of us who planted a totem during yesterday's and today's madness can log in on launch day, assure ourselves that we have our spot, and log back out again, leaving everyone who didn't get their spot to find one with a lot less lag than we've been dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    NO ONE FROM THE COMPANY EVER CONFIRMED IT WAS THE DATABASE SO WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE KEEP SPEWING IT OUT!?!?!?!?!
    Data corruption. This was caused by the server freezing up during the save process. We have a redundant saving process partially implemented. It will be finished this week and this should keep additional backups in case a save process is interrupted in the future. For those that will say why didn't we implement this before... good question. I should have thought of this system before, but I didn't. I'm not perfect. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    If they do manage to save a lot of the totem locations and sort out who owns them, those of us who planted a totem during yesterday's and today's madness can log in on launch day, assure ourselves that we have our spot, and log back out again, leaving everyone who didn't get their spot to find one with a lot less lag than we've been dealing with.

Yep...
    and the server not having to check as many unique guild names hitting it at once and setting as many tribe boundries would be pretty enormous as well i would think....

This is better than a few, but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinni View Post
    Data corruption. This was caused by the server freezing up during the save process. We have a redundant saving process partially implemented. It will be finished this week and this should keep additional backups in case a save process is interrupted in the future. For those that will say why didn't we implement this before... good question. I should have thought of this system before, but I didn't. I'm not perfect. ;-)
    WELL YOU SHOULD BE PERFECT!! RAGE RAGE RAGE!!!

yeah that it I am going to play RIFT for 4 years because 1 weekend was ruined plyaing Xsyon.

Oh wait, no I am not I am just going to chill instead

7. 02-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Compare this launch? ..... to what? ...... to my lunch today? ........to the lunch of MO or STO?....... wtf is MO?
    Slow down and let the devteam make their job, this game is very good, and the most of you guys, out there,
    thougt the same, because you hyped it and told it to your friends, so, that are now a bit too much people here atm,
    who wants to play the game. I think notorius games will keep on with the good work and will make the game playable again,
    like it was the weeks before.
    I don't care about, if this will be tomorrow or in another five days, because, I will play this game for a longer time and I am sure,
    they will fix it soon.