Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As launches go...

How do you think this one compared to the other MMOs you've played?

i dont think we can consider this a launch, they just failed as Database is being corupted, and the land is full of bugged totems taking the spots so...wtf? and they do not say anything

Quote Originally Posted by carlosfc1986 View Post
    i dont think we can consider this a launch, they just failed as Database is being corupted, and the land is full of bugged totems taking the spots so...wtf? and they do not say anything
    NO ONE FROM THE COMPANY EVER CONFIRMED IT WAS THE DATABASE SO WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE KEEP SPEWING IT OUT!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    NO ONE FROM THE COMPANY EVER CONFIRMED IT WAS THE DATABASE SO WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE KEEP SPEWING IT OUT!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemikal View Post
    Well it gets old when everyone is saying the same damn thing, even though not even the devs know what really happened. Would be nice if people would keep their mouths shut when they have no idea what theyre talking about.

Well it gets old when everyone is saying the same damn thing, even though not even the devs know what really happened. Would be nice if people would keep their mouths shut when they have no idea what theyre talking about.
    It's the internet. Where immature children and whiners alike are free to voice their misguided opinions. Can't say mr. Carlosfc1986 is a kid, considering he was probably born in 1986, but he would be a whiner. Best to ignore posts like his mate

This wasn't a lanch. It was a preoder early access. People seem to forget this. As far as preorder early access's I have been in, this one is fine. If you didn't expect hiccups then you are playing the wrong genre of games. Stick to consoles.

Hands down worst launch/headstart. worse than STO, Champions, DF, Mortal(but at least xsyons got more features)APB(near perfect launch), DCUO. Its bad. STO was laggy but comes NO WHERE near this lag. This is the worst lag i have ever experienced in a game.

But the game IS enjoyable once you start doing things, 5 minuets after you hit the butan.

Also to above poster, other headstarts have hiccups, xsyon has acid reflux

A bit disappointed here too, but it is just a computer game so hard for me to get that annoyed. I'm sure the developers are working tirelessly to fix the problems, they're financially incentivized to do so.

Speaking from experience, the Mortal Online launch was worse than this, in fact I gave up after a few hours and played Texas Hold'em on my Blackberry.

I think the MMO community as a whole has gradually come to accept that game launches are a disaster, and subsequently developers have cottoned onto this and feel increasingly so that they can get away with anything.

I'm not an unreasonable man, but surely Notorious must have had a good idea on how subscribed the game would be at launch (sorry "pre-launch")? A lot of these capacity issues really should have been hashed out in beta.

Update February 19

Quick update: We currently have about 1/3 of yesterday's peak population online and lag has subsided a lot. The main difference is, as expected, the number of simultaneous downloads.

We still need to wait on new servers but are working furiously on the server freezing up, data corruption and tribe exploit issues. As soon as I can confirm whether or not we will need to wipe, I will. If we do, I will see what can be done about restoring current tribe positions for those that suffered through the lag yesterday to place a legitimate totem.
    Where do you think data is stored then?

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post
    Where do you think data is stored then?
    Oh youre right, those 2 words you posted totally justify the what the doomsayers claim about "totally fucked" and whatnot. I sometimes do forget, this of course is the internet, therefor, such exaggerations are totally acceptable. Its probably just best to wait this out and come back when the doomsayers have crawled back into their negativity caves.