Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WIPE - The news you've been waiting for

Ultimately it's my responsiblity so here's what we're going to do:

We're going to need to wipe because of the data loss and multiple totems. I apologize, but that's the best solution.
    The wipe will happen when the upgraded servers / server location is ready.

I've backed up the database and if possible we will restore tribes to their current locations. I will post details about how we will deal with this when I'm positive that we can. Any tribes / homesteads placed after this announcement will not be restored, so if you are joining us now, check out any enjoy the game and plan to situate yourself after the next wipe.

All players will get two weeks additional free play time. Effectively that makes March 15th our 'official launch' start. The actual start and final wipe will be as soon as possible once we have the new servers set up.

Good for Jooky on making what I am sure was a tough call. I was anti-wipe when it was about the land rush being unfair, but corrupted data is a whole different ballgame.
    Just wish we had some way of knowing when those new servers will be set up. I mean are we looking at early next week likely? Or march 1st more likely?
    I know there's no way to say for sure... just curious

He goes on to say...
    As soon as I can confirm whether or not we will need to wipe, I will.
    So its a bit up in the air, and not very clear if there will be a wipe or not. So I guess its pointless grinding away on a character at this point until we know for certain if there will be a wipe or not. Its very disappointing having spent 6hrs yesterday to place a totem, what a waste of a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako_Jak View Post
    Good for Jooky on making what I am sure was a tough call. I was anti-wipe when it was about the land rush being unfair, but corrupted data is a whole different ballgame.
    Just wish we had some way of knowing when those new servers will be set up. I mean are we looking at early next week likely? Or march 1st more likely?
    I know there's no way to say for sure... just curious
    Yeah id not be thinking about it for at least a full week then i wont be disappointed. Good on Jooky for coming forward with honest info tho. Seems it cant be helped and they are at least trying to save positions of those that placed which as well as keeping people happy will also avoid another land rush lag nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    He goes on to say...
    So its a bit up in the air, and not very clear if there will be a wipe or not. So I guess its pointless grinding away on a character at this point until we know for certain if there will be a wipe or not. Its very disappointing having spent 6hrs yesterday to place a totem, what a waste of a day.
    except that was said prior to this newest anouncement, so its not up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    He goes on to say...
    Yes thats from a previous quick update, its definately happening now.

I wonder how long the server upgrades and relocation will actually take.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfield212 View Post
    I wonder how long the server upgrades and relocation will actually take.
    Yep thats the question, BUT speculating usually ends up with us being disappointed so prob best not to think about it and go do/play something else for a week or so!

(are u actually from ashfield btw?)

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    Yes thats from a previous quick update, its definately happening now.
    Ahh, okay. I obviously read that wrong.

While I was against a wipe at first, after trying to play all day and not being able to do anything it seems like a good idea to just start all over. On top of that I am for whatever it takes to fix the game even if it means starting over.