Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylock View Post
    I understand what you're stating Virtus. Not enough seeders is an issue which is reliant on each and every one of us contributing. I will say this, though, if it was officiated that the servers were going to wipe and be back up for legitimate, permanent play you would see me lining up to seed the files for other players. I want to play this game, as do many other people lurking in the shadows wishing for the answer to appear and tapping their feet waiting patiently (or not so patiently as some are wont to do). In regards to the other issue, I've seen stated many times throughout the forums that the devs "Do not wish to force" any of the players to do this or that. At this current time, the state of the game is forcing ALL of us to not get to play. Which is the greater evil? Again, I want to emphasize here that this is all said in good faith and only for the purpose of adding possibilities and thoughts. I am not mad at the developers, they have made a game that I have longed for years to play. In the end I just do not really see unsolvable issues, just statements of potential drawbacks that are experiencing an unwillingness to be overcome. As always, the devs will do what they feel is best in the spirit of their game. I will wait as patiently as I can, but I will not restrict myself from making suggestions to try to speed the process. Best of luck!

I am on a 50mb/s cable modem, if this was an option, and it was announced "if we can get 50 seeds going we will look at a wipe sooner then later so you all can get back to playing" I am sure in no time at all you would have your 50 seeds....

Skylock makes 1

count me in as 2

do I hear a 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    if we were go towards a plan like Trigun suggests the problem right now is not enough seeders. Also, from what we looked at most file hosters required you to login to get premium download speeds. We didn't want to force people to do that.
    btw seeders aren't the most important in a torrent ^^
    peer too share the data that have already downloaded... this will faster the process... btw 1 permanent seeder (the server) + all others is better than download all from the server
    the worst case is 1 seed (the server) 1 peer [O(log n)] .. but this worst case is better than the actual worst case (1 seed and XXXX peer) [O(n)]

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    if we were go towards a plan like Trigun suggests the problem right now is not enough seeders. Also, from what we looked at most file hosters required you to login to get premium download speeds. We didn't want to force people to do that.
    No premium download speeds is bad but putting them all on a barely playable server isnt?
    I rather download the client slow than having to ''play'' like this.

make the client a "seeder' long as the user is online..with a upload cap of 10k-20kish? with as many users as are on, that would add up quickly to replace 10-20 fast independent seeders.