Quote Originally Posted by Straylight View Post
I presume the download issue is due to people downloading the full ~3.7Gig client. That would be perfect to have as a torrent. Once they have the full game, THEN use the download server when people log in, when file analysis needs to take place, and they only need to download the 10Meg patch files in order to be up to date. That's a 370 times difference in download requirement per person. Just a thought.

Edit: I think the majority of the people on here would know how to obtain files by torrent. Most people would already have a torrent downloader installed. Those that don't could be directed to a fileserver site like Rapidshare or similar site to get the download without having to install a program.

I would dearly love to be able to play sooner rather than later.
this is what should be realy done. there like 10 billion sites like rapidshare and megaupload u could use for download till u get the bandwidth fixed. this is my suggestion on how it should be done.

1. direct download moved to a file site temp till seprate download bandwidth can be gotten for it
2. wipe server. dont worry about the tribes the data is corruped from server crash anyway no use wasting manpower and money on something that will cause more problems than gain.
3. have the whoever is doing the servers setup the new servers and have them ready for data transfer before retail.

this way u satisfy your needs to get game up and keep people happy without having to spend to much money and manpower and also dont lose to many people to the ones that do charge backs due to how server started out.
and a question shouldnt the download and update server be on differnt parts anyway?