Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lazines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lazines

I'm extremely disappointed right now by this claim the best solution is to wipe. Its never the best solution to wipe. What happens when the game launches and after a month the DB starts corrupting... Oops wipe again?

Right now your just being lazy, and using poor judgement. This was suppose to be a "preorder launch" Yet... your still treating it like a full beta? Its time to face the facts here guys its to late. Your showing us this is how you'll handle it when its live. Its poor form.

If you guys really cant do anything but wipe, please for the love of god show us the schema your using for your DB so we make it so you only have to dump the tribes and totem data. There is no point characters should be effected by this at all. Its really poor design if thats whats its coming to.

2. 02-19-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Metsuro View Post
    Right now your just being lazy, and using poor judgement.
    And you're a whiny ass.

You are not the developer. You do not have access to their server files. You can not see the full extent of the problem. They can. I'm sure they didn't want to wipe again, knowing how disappointed we would be. But if they have to wipe, which they said they would only do if it was required, then that's fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanstreak View Post
    and you're a whiny ass.
    No, I spent 24 hours yesterday sitting on my spot to mention it. Im not being whiny, those being for a wipe because they only stuck around for an hour and left are being whining.

Learn to insult better <3.

You spent an entire 24 hours? Good job. Maybe you should get some sleep since it seems to be impacting your judgement. My tribe had to find a new spot because of the totem bug. After 9 hours of dealing with the lag while searching for a new spot, we finally found one. You're not alone or unique.

If the data would be dmg in 2 weeks than they would upload the last working backup. This was not possible yet because the server crashed over and over. Sorry if you have no clue you shouldn't make angry threads

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    If the data would be dmg in 2 weeks than they would upload the last working backup. This was not possible yet because the server crashed over and over. Sorry if you have no clue you shouldn't make angry threads
    And whats the promise on the back ups not being corrupted? What than? Man you cant just make a half assumption and jump on it. You have to plan these things out.

I know ,nobody is happy with this weekend.But to call the team lazy that's just wrong.You can call them understaffed,but not lazy.
    How many hours of sleep you think Jooky had since thursday,not many.What's going to happen when he tries to sleep tonight? he's going to see nothing but lines of code running by

DB isn't corupted, DATA is. There is a difference. DB is tables and refferences between them. There must be something in the code that was saving bad data into db and they are fixing it.

But at this point it's better to wipe and start over. Lots of tribes lost their lands to other tribes due to server rollback(saving corrupted data). How do you decide which tribe should get that land?

Sure it easier and probably can be fixed without wipe but is it fair?

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    DB isn't corupted, DATA is. There is a difference. DB is tables and refferences between them. There must be something in the code that was saving bad data into db and they are fixing it.

But at this point it's better to wipe and start over. Lots of tribes lost their lands to other tribes due to server rollback(saving corrupted data). How do you decide which tribe should get that land?

Sure it easier and probably can be fixed without wipe but is it fair?
    Yeah its likely there are a ton of data where the realtionships dont exist because it wasnt able to save the data nor rollback the transaction. Something this massive it really does make sense to wipe because it could take a lot of work to fix those realtionships. Clearly if something like this happend on month 2 it would be a different story but if we dont wipe it would take a long time before he could go live again. I would rather he wipe and spend that time on new features.