Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mount n blade Combat.

I've played many MMO's and devs throw in some bait to keep people playing, i'm not saying the same thing is going on here - but what sort of steps have you made going forward the MB combat system?

I noticed you said it wasn't anything set in stone.. just would like to know.

A new programmer is starting next week. He's worked on combat and AI in the past and this will be his focus once he gets situated and comfortable with the code.

Maybe I should fire up M&B so I can be comfortable with the combat.
    Has there been any mention of mounted combat? I'd love to shatter a few lances from camel back.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    A new programmer is starting next week. He's worked on combat and AI in the past and this will be his focus once he gets situated and comfortable with the code.
    Great news Jooky - I am glad you are putting resources in this area.

A quick win (I hate that expression) might be to just slow the combat down at bit. Slow the movement down when you go into combat mode. That way it is not so much of a random click fest!

Anyway the combat we have now is still a million times better than EQ clones or half way MMOs like Conan.

Nice to know combat will be improved.

please no mounted cowards in this game lol

the only bad thing about mount & blade are all those scrubs on mounts that can only get kills by riding around and stabbing people in the back that cant fight back or are busy with another fight.
    pure faggotry.

..and when they fall down i smash them like a mosquito because they are so bad (in case i didnt chop of their head with a amazing jump+swing combo while they tried to attack me from behind before)

No, I like mounted combat ( archery mount win )

wow you should be ashamed

so ashamed like nobody has ever been before

Visitor
    Historically speaking, mounted archery was one of the most effective tactics ever devised. I don't see any reason why that shouldn't be reflected in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiar View Post
    Historically speaking, mounted archery was one of the most effective tactics ever devised. I don't see any reason why that shouldn't be reflected in the game.
    One Word: Mongols.

Xsyon has a promising basic structure for combat that can turn out really good in the right hands. It just need some love. Glad to hear that you are working to improve this area!