Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tribes and Settlements that go inactive

What happens to tribes and settlements that go inactive?

Land in this game is going to be a valuable thing, and having inactive tribes and settlements holding back active players could become a problem.

Without the ability to siege and claim other tribes/settlements, how are we going to deal with the inactives or people who don't resub?

I would guess you will have to wait til Prelude is over to declare war on a vacant tribe.

I would guess that if your subscription goes inactive your character is dropped from their tribe roster. If a tribe roster goes below the 5 minimum to have a tribe the totem should disappear.

I don't have any word how NG is actually going to handle this, but I'd like to know too. So a bump with my guess/suggestion.

I think the world should just get bigger.

Actually I've got another question along the same lines - what if the person who placed the tribe totem deletes their character? For homesteads, even with more than 1 member it deletes the totem when you delete the character who placed the totem. I've known some burnt out guild leaders who have done this in the past which is why I mention it.

This brings up is there anyway to transfer totems?

Quote Originally Posted by Delvie View Post
    Actually I've got another question along the same lines - what if the person who placed the tribe totem deletes their character? For homesteads, even with more than 1 member it deletes the totem when you delete the character who placed the totem. I've known some burnt out guild leaders who have done this in the past which is why I mention it.

This brings up is there anyway to transfer totems?
    You can promote other people to Leader, but I don't think you can physically move totems yet unless you disband the tribe.

I haven't found any solid/legit information on what happens with inactive tribe areas...

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post
    I would guess that if your subscription goes inactive your character is dropped from their tribe roster. If a tribe roster goes below the 5 minimum to have a tribe the totem should disappear.
    WRONG. If a small tribe looses a member, they should not loose the totem. Maybe in time they will get replacements. Doesn't matter. Once placed, it should stay until all members leave which would/should disband the tribe.

IMO, if tribe goes to below 5 members totem should be removed, otherwise its open to abuse by soloers or tribes.

The rest of the members still can put 1-4 homesteads near eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    WRONG. If a small tribe looses a member, they should not loose the totem. Maybe in time they will get replacements. Doesn't matter. Once placed, it should stay until all members leave which would/should disband the tribe.
    That would be vastly open to abuse because with just 4 friends you could establish a tribe and then have them leave and go on their own merry way. Basically it would negate a vast portion of the disadvantages of homesteading vs forming a tribe.

Maybe shrink the size of the "claim" as time goes on? Definitely something that needs to be dealt with, because even with the "just make the world bigger" option, you're going to have large swaths of land locked in to inactive users/tribes over time.