Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The preorder weapons need nerfing. They should be good starter weapons and nothing more, I reckon middle and higher tier weapons should be able to replace the preorders weapons.

There will definitely be a problem eventually with the pre-order weapons once combat get reworked so that they have more value than just beating people with fists. At that point being able to defeat an attacker and disarm them by looting their weapon will be a vital and important tactic. With bound weapons being impossible to remove there will be a frustrating problem of people able to grief nude and with their weapon and being completely unable to usefully deter/punish them.

As an example of what is possible: earlier today I was attacked by a guy while I was out scavenging who I killed and stripped naked. He then proceeded to follow me around for the next 45 minutes attacking me everytime he respawned making it impossible to usefully do anything. Despite the fact he was defeated repeatedly he was able to completely disrupt my activities. After his first loss he risked nothing by continuing to attack and harass me, while I risked all my clothes/armor, equipment, and collected goods. When armor and weapons mean more this discrepency in terms of risk will be a major issue.

Keep in mind the pre order items are top quality/condition. Crafted items will likely do more as the quality improves with skill of crafter. Also, materials used may effect power of weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by dreampod View Post
    There will definitely be a problem eventually with the pre-order weapons once combat get reworked so that they have more value than just beating people with fists. At that point being able to defeat an attacker and disarm them by looting their weapon will be a vital and important tactic. With bound weapons being impossible to remove there will be a frustrating problem of people able to grief nude and with their weapon and being completely unable to usefully deter/punish them.

As an example of what is possible: earlier today I was attacked by a guy while I was out scavenging who I killed and stripped naked. He then proceeded to follow me around for the next 45 minutes attacking me everytime he respawned making it impossible to usefully do anything. Despite the fact he was defeated repeatedly he was able to completely disrupt my activities. After his first loss he risked nothing by continuing to attack and harass me, while I risked all my clothes/armor, equipment, and collected goods. When armor and weapons mean more this discrepency in terms of risk will be a major issue.
    You can do what he did with unarmed combat, having a weapon is not prerequisite for hitting someone, so your point is moot. And now imagine that if there were no safe zones, sometimes i wonder are people who ask for removal of safe zones nuts lol. When alignment system is in, when theres consequences for dying, if he respawned at his totem, problem would be gone.

Anyway, preorder weapons should be average weapons, and just sit there in mid-quality range, good crafted ones should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    These weapons do two hit kills. They really, really suck for game balance.
    .....ouch, I never felt the sting before I authored this.

I think they are pretty. I appreciate a 'preorder' gift like everyone else. I think an early land rush and build opportunity is 'leg up' enough on post launch joiners....

I think degradation and/or removing the binding aspect would alieviate my original concerns a bit.

I think that if all the preorder special items were not all weaponcrafted I wouldn't have had enough of a concern to write a thread (though I do love a good forum discussion)...

2 weapons, 2 armor pieces, 2 tools, 2 schematics for building projects would have been a choice that would've more evenly distributed the early economic pinch evenly between professions.