View Poll Results: Should we have possibility of killboard?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

15 18.99%
  • NO

64 81.01%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    and you got the response from us.
    In a world where killing is for survival, and a means of getting what you need just not to die...I cant see any ingame reasoning why people would keep a 'killboard' of who they killed in the context of the game.
    Storybased, killing would be for the most primitive of animalistic reasons..defense, acquire much needed items, or rivalries over desirable assets..in that setting where trying to scrape by a living, I cannot see anyone wanting to carry around a board to show other new people that meet how many people that they killed that day.

We should have a kill board for my name to top.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    Lol Star God ! I think you maybe in the wrong game. Seriously.
    +1

Originally Posted by Saorlan
    Lol Star God ! I think you maybe in the wrong game. Seriously.
    + 100 !!!

This is the worst suggestion of all time. Killboards are the reason 1 cruiser in eve will hold a worthless frigate so the 50 man blob and warp in and whore on the killmail. Killboards just encourage mindless, pointless killings. Kills with any profit or gain.

There really isn't a need for a killboard.

I don't think a killboard is a good idea. However, getting scalps or trophies from people you kill would be cool, and being able to hang the flag of the tribe you destroyed somewhere would be awesome also.

I want to put the skulls of my enemies over the gates and the walls of my home.

I guess the scrubs don't want to be reminded of their failures.

One would not be forced to look at a kill board, or political forums talking about who is on the kill board, or even knowing it exists at all...

I dont see how it would "hurt". Sure, people would be more apt to try to be at the top, but by no means would it be "mindless" killing. It would promote better, more serious pvp because people THAT CARED would be taking it seriously rather than WoWing it up and pvping without consequences.

Key here is the consequences that are in place involving pvp. Would be counterproductive to run around ALWAYS trying to pk everyone and be on top.

Edit: Of course, having tangible in-game items displaying victorious pvp would be desirable...

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    Even tho this game is not pvp focused yet it will be more pvp focused with introduction of tribal wars.. Wouldnt you like to be able to see your trophies of victory?
    Why not just the ability to cut of someones ear and make a necklace of it and the tooltip info shows the names of people the ears belonged to?
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...PvP-And-Tokens.