143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too Small for the Current Population

70 48.95%
  • Just Right

71 49.65%
  • Too Large for the Current Population

2 1.40%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If you think the land is too small, then you haven't spent HOURS AND HOURS running around it. I spent nearly 5 hours running around on roads and highways in a 3 or 4 zone area last night alone. I've seen expansive football field sized green fields where no one has built. Why? because of the lack of junk in the area. Junk like beauty wont last forever and eventually people will span out more than the junk areas now and see just how massive it is. When he implements farming or mining or cooking we will see a huge migration of people.

A lot of people don't want to run out into no-mans-land to find things.

It's realistic to me to see people building where a large amount of the population was once living aka. where the junk piles are.

I don't know how long you've been playing and with the early pre-order access I do not know how many more players there are total compared to the 200 that visit the forums regularly and those few hundred in beta, but I think people are just expecting to not have to search for a while to find a place for themselves. If you can't, you should find a tribe near where you'd like to place yourself.

It takes several hours to go around the lake.

And one of the Guides said it took almost four days to travel around the radius of the green fog.

Sounds pretty big.

They just need a few random scrap piles out in the boonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisjul View Post
    ....random scrap piles out in the boonies.
    snapshot...

They'll push back the fog eventually. There is much more land out there for when it's needed.

What IS needed right now though is either more garbage piles out around the edges or a reasonable way to transport stuff from the piles clustered around the lake. I've spent a lot of time running around the rugged terrain further away from the lake (and along the fog borders sometimes) and have come across lots of potential totem sites but it would be stupid to settle anywhere not in sight of a garbage pile. That's just the way the game works right now unfortunately.

edit: BTW, it doesn't take HOURS to run around the lake unless you take a meandering route. The lake is a lot smaller than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisjul View Post
    It takes several hours to go around the lake.

And one of the Guides said it took almost four days to travel around the radius of the green fog.
    Do you mean circumference?

'cause if r=4days then It'd take pi(8days) or about 25 days to walk that.

In the beta I took a walk way out into the mist, youll never guess whats out there. Miles and miles of large flat junk piles. Also a CTD glitch and lots of dying :_(

Also the worlds huge, people just don't feel like walking and just plop down after 3 minuets of walking. I walked a good hour through lots of forests and tops of mountains looking for FooD HQ and not a totem in sight. People just gather at the junk piles.

One mans junk is another mans tribe headquarters.

I also think the size of the map is okay, it's huge and one can spend literally days to explore the whole thing.

Problem currently is that one wants scrapheaps and these are huge and concentrated near the lake. There just are too few scrapheaps in the mountains and thus these parts of the map stay empty. Suggest to put a number of small junkheaps into the mountains and (maybe) reduce the size of the heaps near the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Do you mean circumference?

'cause if r=4days then It'd take pi(8days) or about 25 days to walk that.
    Dude, your post is a bit confusing, I THINK youre trying to estimate the circumference, but your wording is weird. It looks like youre saying Pi is 8 days.

I ain't no mathematician.

They are going to expand the world as they go anyway.