Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Your reviews and publicity for the game have definitely gathered interest among those who would have not bothered originally. Yes, it's disappointing to see the game have a rough pre-launch, however, under the circumstances I think he did about as well as he could have.

I remember months ago when this game seemed like it had an extremely small following...Fast forward to a few days ago when so many users were online that I'm sure no one expected (besides those who know the official #'s). Xsyon got punched in the mouth, but he got back up and he's dealing with the issues. Let's give him some slack and get this going for round 2. We're still in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jounce View Post
    That was a review? Sounded more like stroking yourself off taking credit for last minute pre-orders?

I agree there were tough decisions made, and I think things were handled as well as they could have been.
    Yeah, its a flame, but true.

No offence, Willbonney, but your "reviews" are quite one sided and posting it here is like preaching to the choir, since people are here because they like the game.

eh, was asked by a few people, in game and in responses on these forums, to repost some of my mmorpg stuff onto here as well, because some people don't like going over to that site. So, am only doing as requested bud. Sorry you didn't like it, but no one forced you to read it, or even click on the link.

Well said, all except for the part where you believe you and Saintbob drove up all the pre-orders last minute. More likely the community as a whole, and the fact that the game was so close to "launch," is what sparked some new interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Well said, all except for the part where you believe you and Saintbob drove up all the pre-orders last minute. More likely the community as a whole, and the fact that the game was so close to "launch," is what sparked some new interest.
    Yeah I mean I appreciated the tutorials and stuff but seriously, there are VERY few sandbox RPGs out there, expecially ones with open world pvp and looting (even if its only sort of right now). Personally I found the game just searching for "sandbox mmorpg" which turned up some forum posts on mmorpg.com.

Again, I appreciate the tutorials but the credit for the game's interest goes to the developers and the community as a whole, not to any one or two people.

Sigh, as stated first in the re-post, this message's original intent was for the followers of MMORPG.com and those that have been following me there. It is a re-post of that message, at the request of other players who have asked me to repeat the messages I put there, onto this forum as well.

I am not trying to take "credit" from the community, that's not the intent of my post. I do take the credit I received from other players however, who specifically has told me "I joined the game after reading your posts." Have also heard many say they bought the game due to SaintBob's videos. The timing of my original "My Xsyon Review" posts, as well as SaintBob's video tutorials, did spark much interest for the game, specifically on mmorpg.com.

So in that aspect, I do take that credit, as well should SaintBob. Though, I do give credit where credit is due, and know that many others out there have been spreading the word of this great game, through their own means of communication.

My posting is not to take credit however, but to apologize to Jooky in causing any problems I did cause, by making an effort to bring more attention to this game. Would this game still be popular without my posts? I would sure hope so, the game sells itself. Would there be as much hype to get in game right now without my posts, or SaintBob's videos? I don't know. We did what we did, we sparked a flame, the flame became self-sustaining, and the Buzz really picked up into a forest fire.

Bah, really hope I'm not coming off as the douchebag I think I might be responding like this. I hate editing posts that have replies on them, so out of habbit, refuse to. My "phrasing" could have probably been better, and I don't think I'm expressing well what I'm trying to say. Guess there's always going to be those the nit-pck though, eh, I should just stop...

Why would he be upset with more customers for one? For two sounds like you are stroking yourself at the idea of some recognition from the dev team. If anything the Darkfall forums and players should be the ones getting most of the credit, since big portion of the playerbase are.

Sorry will it does read like u are stroking ur own ego a little, to be honest some of ur previous posts did too like u seek some kind of gratitude from the community and the devs. Talking about the game in a positive manner on other sites is great but leave it at that mate. anyway someone should post a good a honest review over their it would still sell the game if it was balanced, and, you wouldn't have half the community at mmorpg.com accusing u of working for the devs!

SERIOUSLY! I dont get half you guys here really. Will and Bob may not be responsible for all the pre-orders but I didnt see any of you taking the time or making the effort to try and go out and promote this game did I?? They did, and without anyone asking them to do it. So why not give them seom cred for that they did huh. I know many people who have said in game the reason they tried Xsyon in the first place was from watching a Bob vid on youtube or because they read a post from Will. So yeah, maybe they didnt bring everyone here, they DID bring a lot of us. So back off a bit on the guy will ya. I for one am happy to see all the new faces thier efforts have brought us, even the evil bastards who steal my crafting knife. Here, here, Will and Bob, thanks for being the few that actually gave a shit to try in the first place!

I do agree with willbonneys post but i do have to say something about mmorpg.com.
    When i played age of conan i made some posts at mmorpg that were not positive about that game, but written in a civil manner.

They all got deleted, the same with many others who wrote something negative about that game and i never went back to that site again.

So, willbonney, you don't have to worry that you made me pre-order this game, i've read about it on another site.