What I want to be in Xyson, is it possible?

I posted this in the wrong forum, so here goes again.

I want to be a shaman. Knowledgable in herbs and roots for healing, eating, and communing with the spirit realm. An affinity with animals, where i can train one as a companion, a bear perhaps? though I'd prefer a hawk. (Will birds even exist in this new world?)
    I want to be good with wood, and have my own canoe, which helps my fishing. Also making my own Bow, which would be my main weapon of choice.

Some of these things i know are coming later, but how close can i get to that type of character role?

Also:

What kind of role will you take?
    Do you fear the choosing of skills at character creation as much as i do?
    Where the hell are all the birds and ambient sounds? Give me some wind!

All that you ask for are supposedly coming...When? No clue. Will they? No clue.

It sounds like you want to be some kind of druid, which is something that I believe Jooky said he wanted magic to be used as. So that might be of interest to you. Taming is also on the list, but who really knows (besides Jooky).

I guess you could role play up in the hills. I know in prelude I had a pretty rockin' full bear bone armor set + a priest robe from leathercrafting. I looked pretty damn cool (though a bit heavy with the bone armor).

That's what it seems to me also. the only problem that i see is this.

If I wanted that in the future, it would change what skill points I use today. See what i mean?

to create that character, you'd need to skill up charm and spirit pretty well. But you could imagine my dismay of creating that type of skillset, only to find out later that those skills are effectively useless to me.

I can tell you there will be religion in game as well as plants that can be used for healing etc. Animals will also be tamable. However, I do not have a time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    I can tell you there will be religion in game as well as plants that can be used for healing etc. Animals will also be tamable. However, I do not have a time frame.
    So Charm and Spirit would definitely be usefull then, so perhaps i could make a good build now with those stats, and profit later from that build? The last thing i want to do is reroll once those facets of the game become available.

So guys, help me out. To prepare my character now for what will come in the future, I want Dexterity, Intelligence, Charm, and Spirit. Wouldn't those be my primaries? Also, seems like I'd want to skill up Foraging more than anything else, though to be good with woodworking, i'd need Logging too right?

How should i prepare?