Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
I guess you were never at the age of conan launched, they did a rollback also after the first few hours. you also seem to think it was easy for them to decide on a wipe, again people are assuming. i'm sure if a wipe wasn't needed there would not be one and being a guy myself in IT that runs DB's for a living i can understand their hassle especially when they had no good data to begin with.
We are talking here about data, which has been saved for days(from friday to actual wipe after n days). Saying, that there is no good data is odd in situation, where character progression is saved, tribes are bit more messy, but even there is something to save as most tribes have settled down somewhere.
Also.. if you work with DBs for living, then you probably know also, that wiping the data is basically not an option. About Conan I don't remember the rollback, but if you do, I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
...I will also add that on these forums and on MMORPG forums there were lots of viewable posts stating that there was lag and that the early access did not go as well as planned. Now, however, the team is working thier asses off to fix the current problems....
Problems were expected, anyone who thought that there would be no problems were naive. And you guys are doing great job, can't argue with that.