Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramanu View Post
    stick with one server, if EVE can do it then so can we.
    Eve has permanent safe zones too. No comparison.

UO has a PVP area and a PVE area. It works very well and brings in the PvP players and the PVE players.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    I hate Darkfall. It's a seamless quake arena. I played it for 6 months. Everything you fight over is static.

Fact is, there are a LOT of PvP'ers looking at this game right now (not teen age PKer's - PvP'ers who enjoy politics, crafting and good PvP end game content). Enough to support the game for a good year. And trust me when I say that.

However, most of which will not play Xsyon if you make them grind a sims city builder for 6 months.
    My message to those PvPers is 'don't let the door hit you on the way out'. This game is working as it's designed to be at this point.

However, most of which will not play Xsyon if you make them grind a sims city builder for 6 months.
    a sim builder? you can kill to your hearts content right now as it is. you just want to be able to grief those poor little workers like tilla

Nah man, all there is to do atm is grief. That's the only PvP content/outlet, and the whole point of me creating this thread. I am a PvP'er and I do not want a grieving ass sandbox. Real pvp'ers (the ones who stay and pay the bills) want real pvp content. They don't want smoke and mirrors. They don't want "play my game for 6 months and then maybe you will have it".

Once again, it seems some people are looking to change a new MMO, into the old MMO they used to play.

For once, I would like to see people in general, just accept that a new MMO, is a new MMO, and play it for what it is, and accept that the Devs have a vision of what the MMO will end up being, and play it for what that vision will be.

It has been stated lots of times in lots of different threads, that yes, there is PVP, and yes, you can loot other players, just like it has been stated that for the duration of Prelude there are safe zones, so why are some people, who seem to be a very vocal minority (yes, minority, I see the same people over and over again, spouting the same diatribe about PVP, safe zones etc etc, while the majority of people in the game right now do not post here at all) trying to have this MMO changed?

You want no safe zones at all, at any time? fine, there are MMO's already out that have no safe zones, why not just go play one of them?

Splitting the population by having different rulesets will do nothing but hurt the game overall.

The PVPers would probably migrate over onto the no safe zone, full loot free for all pvp anytime anywhere server, but how long before they start complaining about the low population on that server and then leave for greener pastures?

What about the "so called PVPers"? you know the ones I mean, those that pretend to be into PVP, but really all they want is a place to grief others, ruin other players gameplay, spoil their fun, gank, get easy kills. Do you really think they will move to the "true" PVP server? hell no, they will stay on the one with safe zones, still trying to grief crafters, and non PVPers, spoiling the fun of those who actually like Xyson as it is, and are willing to trust in how it will be.

Everyone who pre ordered, knew that safe zones existed, if you didnt want them, you should have spent your cash elsewhere.

It's not about wanting to grief. It's about a world evolving organically like a real world should, the way Xsyon (correct me if I'm wrong) is going for. As opposed to one evolving based on artificial rules that ruin immersion with 'invisible walls', instead of more ambitious game mechanics that one would hope a sandbox game has.

There's plenty of space for PvP outside of tribal area. We're fighting with evil hopi for hours every day and have fun doing it. Although I don't like their childlish comments on chat.

We'll have to trade between tribes to get some resources we don't have and there is no magic "teleport resources button" we'll have to transport then and guard that transport couse people carrying it can be killed and looted. People will hunt and and leave tribe to gain resources. If PvE hunters have to go and find their prey why shouldn't you?

I am a PvP'er and I do not want a grieving ass sandbox. Real pvp'ers (the ones who stay and pay the bills) want real pvp content.
    I love to PvP, I love the fact that I can lose my stuff at any moment. But I also know that if the PvE'rs leave ( the REAL ones that pay the bills) due to not having a place to make their shag rugs and oven mitts in a safe enviornment this game will go to crap. I want an EvE niche type game, not DF niche.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Why not reverse things? Keep the safe zones, but as soon as possible, let the tribes who want war be able to go to war with other tribes who want war, and of course make the evils attackable anywhere, any time, with juicy bounties on their heads? Why accelerate the removal of the one place in the entire game I can go to when I'm tired of looking over my shoulder (a pretty small place, too, as I'm a Homesteader)? You say you're worried you won't want to stick around for six months if you can't come after me and what I've built whenever you get the urge? Okay, and this might provide meaning and entertainment for you, but why would I want to rebuild everything every few days because of you? Where is the fun or meaning in rebuilding the same structures over and over again?
    You have hit the nail on the head. There are ALOT more people that would up and leave if FFA PVP was just turned on. Even after 4-6 weeks time. None of the crafters are going to want to stick around rebuilding things just because a pker or group of pkers decided to roll through and destory / take the work they just did. I know if I logged out one night and logged back in the next day and seen everything I had been working on the last week just up and destoried and taken away, that I would leave an never look back at the game.

This quote below
    After prelude- will tribes be able to conquer other tribe lands by destroying their totem?
    Yes. How this will work is not fully decided yet. Since we first started working on Xsyon, many games have come out with some good ideas for this type of warfare. We're going to spend some time checking these out before we implement what we think is the best solution.
    Is no longer true. Jookie was ingame durning the end of beta and it was heavly talked about and last I remember reading he had changed his mind to only allow expansion totems to be taken over. Main Trible tokens are intended to be safe areas and not destoryable.

Alot of people have to take into consideration that the reasion he has picked such a far date out 6 months or so is because the CURRENT combat system is going to be replaced. The current system is broken and a complete mess. Anyone that has done any bit of fighting will tell you its not working the way it should be. Not to mention its way to easy to aim bot up on someone and then all you have to do is click left or right mouse button and your almost always granteed a hit on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    It's not about wanting to grief. It's about a world evolving organically like a real world should, the way Xsyon (correct me if I'm wrong) is going for. As opposed to one evolving based on artificial rules that ruin immersion with 'invisible walls', instead of more ambitious game mechanics that one would hope a sandbox game has.
    Humans are nasty, greedy, violent, and selfish creatures. A real post-apocolyptic world of confused amnesiacs struggling to survive wouldn't be fun, it would be a bloody nightmare. You seem to want that reality, but there's another reality you're ignoring.

Humans are also, cowardly, and (if not completely insane) focused on self-preservation above all else.

Now, which one of these realistic traits is not actually in the organic, evolving MMO world you imagine? That's right. Self preservation. If you lose a fight, you don't even have to reroll, reskill, and regear, you just dust yourself off, get an alt or a buddy to supply you with what little your intended victim took from you, and you're back out there wreaking havoc. And your victims aren't as likely to spend time banding together to destroy you because 1.) they can't, no permadeath and 2.) They aren't actually motivated by survival instinct either.