Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    @OP:

1. It isn't announced how tribe sieges will work. Its only your assumption that it will be FFA PvP. Thats very very unlikely IMO.
    2. Absolutely agree. Thats why Jordi plans to add options to build defenses around our towns, walls and gates. If they don't give minimum 95% of protection there will be an uproar for sure.
    3. I don't agree.

Check the poll about safe zones in game. 75% of the players voted on keeping them. I know they voted on safe zones during Prelude, not in general, and that forum community doesn't represent the whole game community...still it shows something. Let's say only 50% of the community wants constant safe zones and optional tribe sieges. These 50% will leave if the game turn into a Darkfall type game (which Jordi stated would never happen). The other 50% who wants a free FFA PvP game will leave if the safe zones stay.

Now whats the solution ? I'm sure Jordi don't want to lose half of his playerbase, whichever half would it be. Thats why he stated from the very beginning that if there was a demand, he would set up 2 different servers with different PvP rules, one for FFA and one with safe zones. Is this the best solution ? I don't think so. But better than lose half of the players.

This is what I would like to see after Prelude:
    1. The Prelude area stays as it is now, with an option for the tribe to flag for sieges and to switch off their safety.
    2. The green mist disappears and that gives us a much bigger playground. Let's say the ancient gods got mad because of the chaos and decided to keep half of the new land safe. That area would be a big safe zone, just like Eve's high sec space. No tribe sieges, a player can attack and kill another one but if he do so an angel appears and insta kill him.
    3. The other half of the new land become an outlaw area. Tribes who settle there can siege and kill and destroy each others as much as they like. No PvP penalties there, PvPers can enjoy fighting without any punishment. Resource gathering should result double or triple as much resources as in safe zones to help people to survive there. Outlaw and safe zone players shouldn't be allowed to trade with each others.
    There should be rare things which can only be found in the outlaw area. Let's say high level very rare recipe books. This way the safe zones players would go there to search for them giving the opportunity the outlaw players to fight new enemies.

This is only my opinion and my view of course I'm not expecting anyone to agree with it.
    here, here, 100% agee

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    FFA PvP and The ability to lose your land needs to be implemented sooner than the later if you ask me.

The world needs to shape in accordance to how people are going to play/expect the world to be. Or else it will form in a non-natural way.

For example, if FFA PvP were in place right now, which it should be, we would ALL be fortifying our territories with walls, water (or some sort of security mechanism). And that's exactly what would happen if this were RL - the first thing to do would be security to protect yourself and your belongings. This is post apoc last time I checked....we are not pilgram settlers....look at the logo/graphic up top for crying out loud, hehe

FFA PvP would cause people to ban together, start cities, start government, start politics, declare wars, etc. It's just the way of things.

ATM I do not see how a random spawn of racoons or bears is going to do that.

Xsyon mentioned 2 servers, a PvE and a PvP. Perhaps with all the lag/leaks we experienced, maybe it would not be such a bad idea to wipe with 2 servers, a FFA PvP and a PvE. He makes money with both and everyone is happy.
    I totally agree with this- something needs to happen sooner than later, or the community is going to be extemely divided in a bad way after prelude imo.

/signed

valid and scary concerns op....I thought the prelude was merely a 'cold war' before they place some sieging into the game...

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    The only way I'd agree with that is if the current area was the only place you could have a tribe town safe from conquering (not PvP) mechanics. The area would also need to be less desirable. Low on resources, newbie mobs, and no higher tier perks. Basically, a starter area.
    Thats the general idea for game longevity instead being quick money-grab like some other games...

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    I totally agree with this- something needs to happen sooner than later, or the community is going to be extemely divided in a bad way after prelude imo.
    Yah, half of the community is in total dnial, although we dont know which half ;P

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    The community is already divided and confused We have too few info about how the game will work after Prelude, and even these infos are read differently. But since Jordi hasn't decided yet how it will work, there is not much we can do. We can guess and assume things but these will be nothing more than guesses. There is only one thing he said: he will set up 2 different servers with different PvP rules (not PvE/PvP, but chaotic PvP/safe zones-PvP zones one) if there is a demand for that.

6. 02-21-2011, 07:02 AM

7. 02-21-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    FFA PvP and The ability to lose your land needs to be implemented sooner than the later if you ask me.

The world needs to shape in accordance to how people are going to play/expect the world to be. Or else it will form in a non-natural way.

For example, if FFA PvP were in place right now, which it should be, we would ALL be fortifying our territories with walls, water (or some sort of security mechanism). And that's exactly what would happen if this were RL - the first thing to do would be security to protect yourself and your belongings. This is post apoc last time I checked....we are not pilgram settlers....look at the logo/graphic up top for crying out loud, hehe

FFA PvP would cause people to ban together, start cities, start government, start politics, declare wars, etc. It's just the way of things.

ATM I do not see how a random spawn of racoons or bears is going to do that.

Xsyon mentioned 2 servers, a PvE and a PvP. Perhaps with all the lag/leaks we experienced, maybe it would not be such a bad idea to wipe with 2 servers, a FFA PvP and a PvE. He makes money with both and everyone is happy.
    This coming from a guy who sat at the newbie spawn point, killing the same person over and over about 7 times with 4 friends? lol. Ironic at best. Not saying I care, I had logged in for the first time and was learning controls and what to do. I just find it slightly hypocritical.

I like how some of you preach of how its going to be after the prelude like its the gospel. This game is constantly evolving and I have a sneaking suspicion that things that jooky said 4 months ago arent going to ring true 6 months from now.

I am getting sick and tired of posts about game-changing suggestions.
    The game is what the game is, and if you like it you play it, where as you dont like it you move on or dont start at all.

It's only a few days in to a ruleset that is supposed to last at least six months, and many of you are already riled up and trying to get the timetable altered so you can kill anyone, anywhere. So maybe you need to go start a poll regarding the creation of an FFA server separate from the one we're all on now. Don't have a vote 'no' option if you can help it, just have people who want the FFA server ASAP vote 'yes' and everyone else can keep their opinions to themselves. If you can't do that with the poll feature, show up in the thread and vote by post. That would at least give the devs an idea what percentage of the population wants another server with a different ruleset.

Or maybe there would be a way to open up a free for all patch of land on the current server for you all to start out on, with the same resources as the original. I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement, but if it could be done, we could all stay on the same server without griping constantly at each other. Except for you guys who want one server that is FFA pvp right now but who don't want a separate server to accomodate your needs. I think you guys really do just want victims to slaughter.

Remember, comparing this indie game to another successful indie game (Darkfall) is not a bad thing. Whether you like the style or not, DF is doing just fine. They sit comfortably with their, what, 2 servers, and continue to develop and create new content.

In other words, saying that going completely FFA PVP would be a death knell on this game might or might NOT be true.

Beau