Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was against it; now I am for it

I was, like many, really pissed off about the pre-launch disaster Friday. I was especially upset that there was going to be another wipe, meaning I wasted many hours of my life late at Friday night for nothing. I was further unhappy that I wouldn't be able to play the game for maybe another 10 days, crushing my expectations. I was furious that the developers didn't anticipate all this surge and didn't have bandwidth redundancy and backup plans to avoid catastrophic problems that needed complete wipes...

...but I changed my mind. I am now sympathetic and even supportive to give the developer time to fix things and do whatever he needs to do. I will now patiently will wait for the final re-prelaunch.

Why the flip flop you may ask? For one simple reason, because the Dev (Jordi) truly cares about this game, he showed his genuine passion to do the right thing for this amazing game framework, his team has created. I am going to give this dude the benefit of doubt, he and his team deserves it, at least just for this one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash View Post
    I was, like many, really pissed off about the pre-launch disaster Friday. I was especially upset that there was going to be another wipe, meaning I wasted many hours of my life late at Friday night for nothing. I was further unhappy that I wouldn't be able to play the game for maybe another 10 days, crushing my expectations. I was furious that the developers didn't anticipate all this surge and didn't have bandwidth redundancy and backup plans to avoid catastrophic problems that needed complete wipes...

...but I changed my mind. I am now sympathetic and even supportive to give the developer time to fix things and do whatever he needs to do. I will now patiently will wait for the final re-prelaunch.

Why the flip flop you may ask? For one simple reason, because the Dev (Jordi) truly cares about this game, he showed his genuine passion to do the right thing for this amazing game framework, his team has created. I am going to give this dude the benefit of doubt, he and his team deserves it, at least just for this one time.
    +1

Indeed, same here. I was against it when it was about the land rush. I am for it when it's about data loss and corruption.
    There's always going to be the armchair developers who scream on the forums about how they could have coded this better, and how they would handle every situation that comes along, etc... meanwhile, we've got these guys in the trenches trying to make this work, and they'll do whatever they have to do within their means, to make this dream come true for all of us.

I gave this guy my $40 and in return he gave me beta access to an incredible game, a 2 week head start and 2 free months of play after that. I certainly came out on the winning end of that transaction. When the waves came he extended my free play time and gave clear and regular communication that the ship will be righted soon, and how that will be happening.

I will take this any day over a smooth launch for another themepark game which will cave to the masses with every update, lie through their teeth with every excuse given and forcibly hold my hand every step of the way like I am 3 years old, whether I want them to or not.

If Jooky says we need a wipe, I'm cool with it, because I truly believe that he has the games best interest at heart, and that's good enough for me.

How dare you be reasonable about this !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Mako_Jak View Post
    ...gave clear and regular communication...
    THIS!!! THIS THIS THIS!!!

Good open communication to the community is the key to great game management, and so many of the AAA developers completely do not get it. NG's communication skills really set them apart & make even the worst pills easier to swallow.

Ah you guys are so cute. I'm touched

very honestly even if they launch was flawless I wouldnt pause to play another game if another game appealed to me. As it is, I am not aware of one that has the feature list and direction that intrests me as this one. I dont make my gaming choices based on how well the developers communicate.

Go Jooky!