Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Side

Big -

We had one member playing last night, and he kept killing 1 or 2 of you before you'd 4v1 him each time. He was laughing hysterically in vent. I didn't even know it was possible to win 1v2 in this game because of how crappy combat is. Haha

On a side note, our member doing that definitely shows how badly Jordi needs to code in everyone spawning back at their totem after death. It's incredibly lame that he could just respawn right there, even if he only had 50% HPs. (This goes for PvE deaths, too.)

I think you are suposed to be able to run off in ghost mode and where you are when you select respawn is where you respawn, not at the body. So if you die, run away while ghost

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    I think you are suposed to be able to run off in ghost mode and where you are when you select respawn is where you respawn, not at the body. So if you die, run away while ghost
    Or follow your attacker and harass him. Works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    You missed the point. If people are allowed to respawn at or near their spot of death, you have these situations:

Take off all of your gear...

- Die and chop down trees near opposing tribes, rinse/repeat

- Die and destroy logs near opposing tribes, rinse/repeat

- Die, chase your target, die, chase your target, die, chase your target, since they will eventually wear down.

- Die and spy, die and spy. You wouldn't even have to move.

- In PvE... Die, attack, die, attack, die, attack, rinse/repeat. The issue is multiplied if more people are attacking a mob.

- No risk travel... Die, ghost run, respawn, die, ghost run, respawn, rinse/repeat.

----

Everyone needs to respawn at their totem bind or the nearest starter spawn if their character doesn't have access to a totem. There shouldn't be any ghost mode at all, either. Die and straight to the loading screen. Also, bags should be left behind to loot. At the moment, looting is clunky and confusing as to how it actually works. Too many rules. If you die... Your stuff is dropped. Keep it simple.

It was a ridiculous idea by Jordi to implement the current method as a consequence for Evil players. There are too many exploits involved, and doesn't hold Good and Neutral players accountable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Big -

We had one member playing last night, and he kept killing 1 or 2 of you before you'd 4v1 him each time. He was laughing hysterically in vent. I didn't even know it was possible to win 1v2 in this game because of how crappy combat is. Haha

On a side note, our member doing that definitely shows how badly Jordi needs to code in everyone spawning back at their totem after death. It's incredibly lame that he could just respawn right there, even if he only had 50% HPs. (This goes for PvE deaths, too.)
    Not really a great feat, I usually take out 3 people at once... just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    Not really a great feat, I usually take out 3 people at once... just sayin.
    Nobody said it was a big feat.

1v1? 50k?

Big -

Interesting, I was in TS3 up until 11 or so and never heard any of this taking place. You sure you had the right tribe? hehe

Noone's came to visit us. Lag monster scaring everyone away.

Everyone needs to respawn at their totem bind or the nearest starter spawn if their character doesn't have access to a totem. There shouldn't be any ghost mode at all, either. Die and straight to the loading screen. Also, bags should be left behind to loot. At the moment, looting is clunky and confusing as to how it actually works. Too many rules. If you die... Your stuff is dropped. Keep it simple.

It was a ridiculous idea by Jordi to implement the current method as a consequence for Evil players. There are too many exploits involved, and doesn't hold Good and Neutral players accountable at all.
    100% agree.

We need things removed to help simply all the "unnessary" trips to the server. Dying and Looting is a total server resource hog atm because of it's complexities.