View Poll Results: Starting Points - which will you choose?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round Hill / Zephyr

11 16.67%
  • Glendale

2 3.03%
  • Secret Cove

5 7.58%
  • Incline

6 9.09%
  • Crystal

4 6.06%
  • Squaw

10 15.15%
  • Tallac

6 9.09%
  • Sugar Pine

10 15.15%
  • Cedarrat

7 10.61%
  • Founders Island

5 7.58%

Starting Points - which will you choose?

So there are a lot of people in the south. I would guess that is due to the mass amount of junk there. I have traveled the map, I have been to each spawn point. The thing I don't get, crafting is so dependent on junk that it is almost a requirement to live within the confines of a junk pile. I think that if the crafting had a minor overhaul and only some trade skills required a piece of scrap to complete the item. I feel you could spread out the population more evenly across the map. Indulge me and let's see if we have an unbalanced population.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    So there are a lot of people in the south. I would guess that is due to the mass amount of junk there. I have traveled the map, I have been to each spawn point. The thing I don't get, crafting is so dependent on junk that it is almost a requirement to live within the confines of a junk pile. I think that if the crafting had a minor overhaul and only some trade skills required a piece of scrap to complete the item. I feel you could spread out the population more evenly across the map. Indulge me and let's see if we have an unbalanced population.
    It'll change eventually as the game evolves itself, but at the moment it feels "correct". Everyone will run to the junk. Once the junk is gone, they will probably spread out even more.

Though it'll be a bit tougher to get started, I'm playing around with the idea of a place I scouted today...it's a bit of a walk from the nearest junkpile, but the quiet area/isolation is great for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    The thing I don't get, crafting is so dependent on junk that it is almost a requirement to live within the confines of a junk pile.
    well between this, needing to be withing a tolerable distance from water (to fish and drink), and that probably 25% of the map is mountainous undesirable land (it CAN be built on, but I see no one using it unless its a last resort) this does tend to 'clump' people into areas.

as farming, water carrying, and mining is added, they will spread out more..but Like I said, as right now you need 3 things for a decent tribe: flat land, water, and junk..that narrows down the productive areas of the map a LOT.