Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had this problem last night, and earlier today (I just bought it last night). But a few hours ago, the lag was gone and alt+tab was working just fine for me. Hopefully it has something to do with the lag.

Sadly, it has absolutely nothing to do with the lag. I used to have this issue even when there was no lag at all a couple of weeks ago, when I just bought the game.
    From the IRC discussion, I can only conclude that Windows XP users don't seem to have this problem, while us, Windows 7 64 bit (and most probably 32 as well) do.

Each time I try to alt-tab the Xsyon client won't let me to go alt-tab back to it and whenever I right click on the icon in the taskbar it'll say "Please restart the Xsyon launcher" or something like that.
    Lets hope this problem gets fixed fast.

I'm quite sure it's not an "intended feature" just like it is in Final Fantasy XI and XIV where you aren't allowed to alt-tab on purpose and have to use third-party software to help you do that. For instance, you can add Xsyon to your steam client as a non-steam game and just use the in-game steam browser, instead of alt-tabbing each time you need to browse the internet without actually alt-tabbing.