Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Pending Doom

Well we all know we have a wipe coming up again, and I dont know if y'all agree with me or not on this stuff, but here goes anyway.

When he does this wipe here is the way I feel it should be done.

Set a date and time for it, something that isn't midnight for the EU crowd like the last time. I'm not in the EU but it would suck if he did it at midnight for the US crew wouldn't it? We should be looking at somethign that is equally accessable by everyone, within reason of course.

Give a 1 hour window at the start of the launch period where NO totems can be placed at all, homesteads or tribal. Simple reason for this is to give everyone a chance to get prep'd and where they need to go. I'm normally a soloer here, and I can tell you for certain that it will take FAR less time and effort on my end to log in, run out and drop my homestead than it will for you to get your 5 people logged in and into your tribe so you can go place your totem. By saying solo players should be able to place at the same time, it should also mean that the tribes CAN place at the same time too. You have to realistically give them time to build thier tribes before the placement occurs.

Now I know some are saying 'well that will just let PKers grief to get our spot', well ok maybe yeah. But maybe not too. Maybe 3 people show up at the same spot and talk about it like civilized people and 2 move on. Or maybe the rivalry starts between large tribes right there. Maybe two tribes duke it out on the spot and the victor gets to claim that land. I see this as a good thing honestly. Nothing makes for more fun than a good clan rivalry. And what better way to start it than 'Those damn Templar's stole our land!' (not that those nice Templar people whould ever do this mind you.) But you get the idea.

So anyway, this is my thoughts on the wipe. Oh and the saving of the current totems, with all the phantom ones, the multiple ones, the thought you had but lost the next day...I see this as a total mess. There will always be someone who thinks they were done wrong by the devs doing it this way. And I'd much rather a player/tribe think they were done wrong by another player/tribe than blame it on the devs. Friction towards the devs never goes away, but friction against an in game enemy makes for a ton of entertainment.

So whatcha all think? Got better ideas?

I actually like this idea, would help ease the initial land grab rush if you had an hour long buffer to place your totems with your tribes.

I think this idea would be quite interesting. Could also foster relations for those who don't want to fight and are more about peace. Evil would fight and good would foster peace with eachother. Neutrals...you can't trust them neutrals. I mean really what makes man go neutral Kiff...er.. river?

I say dont let people place homesteads till next day let tribes get spots with clean wipe and get done with it

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    Neutrals...you can't trust them neutrals. I mean really what makes man go neutral Kiff...er.. river?
    marijuana

You know all those bundles of grass you see all over the place, its not plain grass man. Thats what makes a man go neutral. And no, never trust a neutral or they might just raid your grass bundle supply.

Oh and the homestead on next day is fine by me too, I just have concerns with homesteads being placed at the exact same time. Its not possible for tribes to build instantly like a homesteader can, and thats what needs to be corrected. 1 hours or 1 day doesn't matter to me, just seems unfair to the tribers who lose thier spots because they can't place until they get 5 in thier tribe first.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    I say dont let people place homesteads till next day let tribes get spots with clean wipe and get done with it
    Why should soloers, and small groups be penalized? Which in itself brings up with a good point if this system was implemented....they would get shafted. Never mind I disagree with the idea.

i think its a great idea but,

There are too many easy moders here friend the tribes want preference over homesteaders! certain tribes want the right to have "thier " spots...and so on. i'm with you and think we should all start equal, but too many want it easier than that....hehe if they could i am sure they would like to start with thier own castle and maxed skills.

well problem is that these people with homesteads will screw over larger tribes if they settle in areas there so only way to push them out is set 24 hour camp and kill poor sod till he gives the land!

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    well problem is that these people with homesteads will screw over larger tribes if they settle in areas there so only way to push them out is set 24 hour camp and kill poor sod till he gives the land!
    But sadly that is their right. This is a sandbox game, if the space is unoccupied then the space is up for grabs. Of course that doesn't mean we can't use diplomacy or force to get what we want.

Well you have to understand, the original plan was to let tribes place for the first 2 days and then homesteads after. This got argued and changed ot allow everyone to place at the exact same time. The problem came in with the change in the mechanics behind the tribes. It wasn't a requirement originally to have 5+ in your tirbe in order to place a tribe totem. So when we all discussed it the first time around it wasn't a consideration or a concern. However, now that you look at it, is it really fair to the tribes if the homesteaders can place instantly and they can't? Now its the shoe on the other foot type deal. I'm a homesteader myself, but I'm willing to see it from the other side of the ailse here. What I argued the first time around, to be able to place at the same time, is now an unfair advantage for me and my kind. The same thing we faught to stop ourselves the first time around. In my opinion there needs to be some system that gives everyone equal footing on placing. A small window up front seems the most 'equitable' option for both sides. Both get to place the same day, but no headsteader can place before the tribes can get thier tribe memebers invited first (a requirement for them to place which the homesteaders do not have).

If you ask me, instead of saving totem placement, what he should be saving is tribal membership data. So when you log in on landgrab day your tribe is already saved. NO idea how to do that if characters are wiped though, which is why I didnt' suggest that as an option. Only logical way I can see that happening is as I suggested, a 1 hour window to form the tribes and THEN land grab.