Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    Response to your points:

1. It's not my assumption that it will be FFA PVP - it has been stated this way - when I say FFA i'm talking about the ability to attack someone anywhere, even on tribal territory - with consequences of course for being a pk.
    I didn't mean tribe safe zones, in your OP you mentioned tribe sieges and small tribes/homesteads being destroyed after Prelude...I meant that the tribe siege mechanic (aka destroying other tribe villages) won't be FFA PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I didn't mean tribe safe zones, in your OP you mentioned tribe sieges and small tribes/homesteads being destroyed after Prelude...I meant that the tribe siege mechanic (aka destroying other tribe villages) won't be FFA PvP.
    direct from the FAQ

Can architecture structures be damaged by other players at any time?
    As the game evolves yes. This won't be in for a while as towns are planned as safe zones in the Prelude, though I am considered tribes to allow to choose if they want to be warring tribes during the Prelude. Warring tribes will be able to attack each other.

When will we be able to raid other tribes? And what systems are you planning for that?
    Not for a while. This was planned for after the Prelude, which will last at least 6 months. When a raiding system is implemented I will first look at what other games do and what systems have had success.

Raiding is coming, how it will work is yet to be seen.

I still think most of you are missing the point of my OP, after prelude when all the current safe zones are no longer 100% safe- it's going to cause confusion.

Nowhere in my OP did I state that I wanted it to be a certain way, if it sounds that way it wasn't my intentions.

I was only trying to state that there will be confusion after prelude based on how things are setup now and how it will be after.

I don't think it will end up being that bad, the solo players will have to form alliances with surrounding neighbors and tribes for protection or risk being eliminated. This is a social game, if you don't have friends you will inevitably die, just like RL, whoever has the more friends and the bigger stick wins.

Really? Fact or wishful thinking?

How is this...

KeithStone asks

After prelude- will tribes be able to conquer other tribe lands by destroying their totem?

Yes. How this will work is not fully decided yet. Since we first started working on Xsyon, many games have come out with some good ideas for this type of warfare. We're going to spend some time checking these out before we implement what we think is the best solution.

---

KeithStone asks:

As the game evolves yes. This won't be in for a while as towns are planned as safe zones in the Prelude, though I am considered tribes to allow to choose if they want to be warring tribes during the Prelude. Warring tribes will be able to attack each other.

---

...not "FFA"?

Do you really think two tribes are going to have to mutually agree to fight?

Anyone who wanted to siege my tribe would get a "We do not agree!" from me... Ha...ha...?

direct from the FAQ

When will we be able to raid other tribes? And what systems are you planning for that?
    Not for a while. This was planned for after the Prelude, which will last at least 6 months. When a raiding system is implemented I will first look at what other games do and what systems have had success.

Raiding is coming, how it will work is yet to be seen.

I still think most of you are missing the point of my OP, after prelude when all the current safe zones are no longer 100% safe- it's going to cause confusion.

Nowhere in my OP did I state that I wanted it to be a certain way, if it sounds that way it wasn't my intentions.

I was only trying to state that there will be confusion after prelude based on how things are setup now and how it will be after.
    1. When the developer themselves are not 100% sure how they plan to implement something its the gaming communities own fault if they get 'confused'.
    2. You could tell the gaming community 'the wipe will come sometimes before march 1st' and then read in public chat 'we are still in beta offical release is on march 1st'. Not confusing the gaming community is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post

After prelude- will tribes be able to conquer other tribe lands by destroying their totem?

Yes. How this will work is not fully decided yet

---

...not "FFA"?

Do you really think two tribes are going to have to mutually agree to fight?
    As you see its not decided yet. Yes, I think it won't be FFA. Thats my opinion, you don't have to agree. I'm willing to bet though :P

It can be mutual agreement, or flagged for war. If you want to siege others, you have to be vulnerable against sieges too. But as far as things goes now the most likely solution will be 2 different servers...which is sad IMO.

As you see its not decided yet. Yes, I think it won't be FFA. Thats my opinion, you don't have to agree. I'm willing to bet though :P

It can be mutual agreement, or flagged for war. If you want to siege others, you have to be vulnerable against sieges too. But as far as things goes now the most likely solution will be 2 different servers...which is sad IMO.
    you only highlighted what you want to see- the first part is a big Yes. a mutual war doesn't make sense at all.

Also, when you have tribes sitting on 100% of the scrap piles, and you can't attack the tribe that's there- that just screws every other tribe not sitting on a scrap pile.

But again, I will state that my post is about the confusion to come.

and how we can avoid it. you guys are totally getting off the subject by trying to debate what FFA is going to mean in this game.

FFA PvP and The ability to lose your land needs to be implemented sooner than the later if you ask me.

The world needs to shape in accordance to how people are going to play/expect the world to be. Or else it will form in a non-natural way.

For example, if FFA PvP were in place right now, which it should be, we would ALL be fortifying our territories with walls, water (or some sort of security mechanism). And that's exactly what would happen if this were RL - the first thing to do would be security to protect yourself and your belongings. This is post apoc last time I checked....we are not pilgram settlers....look at the logo/graphic up top for crying out loud, hehe

FFA PvP would cause people to ban together, start cities, start government, start politics, declare wars, etc. It's just the way of things.

ATM I do not see how a random spawn of racoons or bears is going to do that.

Xsyon mentioned 2 servers, a PvE and a PvP. Perhaps with all the lag/leaks we experienced, maybe it would not be such a bad idea to wipe with 2 servers, a FFA PvP and a PvE. He makes money with both and everyone is happy.

you only highlighted what you want to see- the first part is a big Yes. a mutual war doesn't make sense at all.

Also, when you have tribes sitting on 100% of the scrap piles, and you can't attack the tribe that's there- that just screws every other tribe not sitting on a scrap pile.

But again, I will state that my post is about the confusion to come.

and how we can avoid it. you guys are totally getting off the subject by trying to debate what FFA is going to mean in this game.
    again, the developer cleary writes 'there maybe a wipe before march 1st' and I read in public chat saying ' we are still in beta the offical release is march 1st'

How do we avoid the confusion? donate to your public school or start a 'how to read' class after work.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    How do we avoid the confusion? donate to your public school or start a 'how to read' class after work.
    lol