Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    It's only a few days in to a ruleset that is supposed to last at least six months, and many of you are already riled up and trying to get the timetable altered so you can kill anyone, anywhere. So maybe you need to go start a poll regarding the creation of an FFA server separate from the one we're all on now. Don't have a vote 'no' option if you can help it, just have people who want the FFA server ASAP vote 'yes' and everyone else can keep their opinions to themselves. If you can't do that with the poll feature, show up in the thread and vote by post. That would at least give the devs an idea what percentage of the population wants another server with a different ruleset.

Or maybe there would be a way to open up a free for all patch of land on the current server for you all to start out on, with the same resources as the original. I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement, but if it could be done, we could all stay on the same server without griping constantly at each other. Except for you guys who want one server that is FFA pvp right now but who don't want a separate server to accomodate your needs. I think you guys really do just want victims to slaughter.
    I'm seriously not trying to change the game- just trying to releive some of the confusion about what the game is going to be after prelude.

The main problem is that no one knows what the game is going to be after Prelude. We can only guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The main problem is that no one knows what the game is going to be after Prelude. We can only guess.
    Nor do we even know what we'll want as players in six months. The carebear crowd (of which I am a member in case you couldn't tell) might be tired of building up and ready to do some knocking down by then. Or at least be ready to group up and take on support roles/send out attack chipmunks/refortify during battles/form a vigilante group and hunt down every griefer in the game until they're all too scared to log in.

if this game splits to a carebear server and a pvp server I will leave. ffa pvp sandbox means that. let us decide how the world shapes and the politics that govern it. if you are worried about dying and losing some tools,
    a. form an alliance with other tribes for protection,
    b. pay for protection from one of the various merc tribes that are forming,
    c. join a larger tribe,
    or
    d. dont play

but dont come to this game knowing that it was intended to be ffa pvp and tribal wars and then complain because "someone is going to force me to play the way the game was intended"
    seriously, how boring is it going to be sitting in one area and building tents all day? once you have crafted everything and have reached the top eschelon of crafters are you just going to keep tailoring more hats? when your junk piles are depleted within your territory are you just going to stop crafting for fear of leaving your safe zone?

Quote Originally Posted by eightonefive View Post
    if this game splits to a carebear server and a pvp server I will leave. ffa pvp sandbox means that. let us decide how the world shapes and the politics that govern it. if you are worried about dying and losing some tools,
    a. form an alliance with other tribes for protection,
    b. pay for protection from one of the various merc tribes that are forming,
    c. join a larger tribe,
    or
    d. dont play

but dont come to this game knowing that it was intended to be ffa pvp and tribal wars and then complain because "someone is going to force me to play the way the game was intended"
    seriously, how boring is it going to be sitting in one area and building tents all day? once you have crafted everything and have reached the top eschelon of crafters are you just going to keep tailoring more hats? when your junk piles are depleted within your territory are you just going to stop crafting for fear of leaving your safe zone?
    I came to this game expecting to have at least six months before I would need to decide whether to join a tribe, pay mercenaries, form an alliance, get bored of crafting, figure out how to replace what I lose due to more frequent pvp encounters, or quit. And guess what? I'm not the one trying to change the timetable. Are you?

Nothin like fear to herd the masses .

As you see its not decided yet. Yes, I think it won't be FFA. Thats my opinion, you don't have to agree. I'm willing to bet though :P

It can be mutual agreement, or flagged for war. If you want to siege others, you have to be vulnerable against sieges too. But as far as things goes now the most likely solution will be 2 different servers...which is sad IMO.
    The safety of tribal zones are going to be removed per past posts from Jooky and a very recent one from Virtus on the mmorpg.com forums. With that being said, I have no idea how you are under the impression that the game won't generally be FFA. Just because they said it's not going to be a gankfest does not mean it won't be open-PvP. It simply means their plans include consequences. Some of you people need to start separating your definition of "gank" from open-PvP/FFA.

Also, not knowing how sieges are going to work at the moment have nothing to do with open-PvP versus safe zones. It has everything to do with how the sieges will work mechanic-wise... (Need to declare a takeover, then a siege window opens? Towns open to be sieged without war declaration? Costs to siege? Etc., etc.) We already know structure destruction at any time is in. He answered Keith's question about that.

And... Mutual agreement and/or flagged wars are not open-PvP. Remember, I'll say it again... This game has open-PvP. I've never typed "open-PvP" so many times before. Will Jordi change his mind? Couldn't tell ya. If he does, his bait and switch worked.

My suggestion would be to ask for a PvE server. You've wanted one from the very beginning, anyway, and he said it may happen if there is enough interest.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    The safety of tribal zones are going to be removed per past posts from Jooky and a very recent one from Virtus on the mmorpg.com forums. With that being said, I have no idea how you are under the impression that the game won't generally be FFA. Just because they said it's not going to be a gankfest does not mean it won't be open-PvP. It simply means their plans include consequences. Some of you people need to start separating your definition of "gank" from open-PvP/FFA.

Also, not knowing how sieges are going to work at the moment have nothing to do with open-PvP versus safe zones. It has everything to do with how the sieges will work mechanic-wise... (Need to declare a takeover, then a siege window opens? Towns open to be sieged without war declaration? Costs to siege? Etc., etc.) We already know structure destruction at any time is in. He answered Keith's question about that.

And... Mutual agreement and/or flagged wars are not open-PvP. Remember, I'll say it again... This game has open-PvP. I've never typed "open-PvP" so many times before. Will Jordi change his mind? Couldn't tell ya. If he does, his bait and switch worked.

My suggestion would be to ask for a PvE server. You've wanted one from the very beginning, anyway, and he said it may happen if there is enough interest.
    I'm all for a server with different pvp rulesets, although I don't mind pvp outside my one, tiny little patch of land. So pure pve wouldn't be my thing either. So, if we're going by what has been promised by the game's creator and its developers, sometime after six months has passed, my little safe zone is going to go poof. And if my safe zone is permanent or if my safe zone goes away before 6 months has passed...how did you put this...his bait and switch worked?

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post

You are losing focus again. I didn't talk about the game not being open PvP...I said the sieges won't work like that. The game has open PvP, but it has nothing to do with the siege conditions, sieges can use the 'flagged for war' mechanic. Again, I'm not talking about the safe zones. I'm talking about under what conditions can we attack-destroy other tribe villages after Prelude.

I've never asked for a PvE server. I always asked for one with safe zones-PvP zones.

I'm not expecting an answer from you. We have been here before and never got anywhere, lol.

You are losing focus again. I didn't talk about the game not being open PvP...I said the sieges won't work like that. The game has open PvP, but it has nothing to do with the siege conditions, sieges can use the 'flagged for war' mechanic. Again, I'm not talking about the safe zones. I'm talking about under what conditions can we attack-destroy other tribe villages after Prelude.

I've never asked for a PvE server. I always asked for one with safe zones-PvP zones.

I'm not expecting an answer from you. We have been here before and never got anywhere, lol.
    Lose focus...? lol...

Actually, you did ask about a PvE server before. You even quoted Jordi's answer in your reply to me in one of those long PvP threads. No idea why you'd ask about one if you weren't interested in joining it.

Anyway, with the new answer from Virtus, the bait and switch is complete.

And, Jordi obviously has no clue:

I just read in a post that I cannot find, anymore, that he was going to give an option for a War/Chaos server... That isn't what we were asking for at all... o.O