Do we know what sieging will look like? Do we know you will be able to attack a tribe with no notice and completely destroy it? Will there be timers? I hope it won't be quite as open and instant as 50 guys rolling through an areas wiping everyone out while they are offline. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Okay it says safe zones only through prelude. It also suggests that during prelude new features will be added. Hopefully some of these will be defensive in nature. I am a PvPer but I also realize that while open PvP is "realistic" people not being online is not. There has to be some way to protect a tribe or the offensive tribe will always win because they will be prepared. And after tribe A destroys tribe B while they are offline - tribe B will do the same to A at some point. We will end up with an empty world of roaming gankers.

I agree with your point. If it is implemented that way people are going to freak out for sure. The truth is I have already invested time into games like that DF, MO etc. so I am looking for something a little different here. Not that I won't play it but I would like to see the PvP a little more organized and goal based than that. Here's to hoping the Devs have some ideas planned.