Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

False Sense of Security With Prelude

we all know that during prelude tribe territories are going to be safe zones for the tribe members.

I'm not trying to say that it shouldn't be this way, but I wanted to point out some problems with this.

1. All the really small tribes will get sieged and removed as soon as prelude is over and wars/sieges are added.
    2. Tribes will get so used to not having to worry about raiders that when the prelude is over their is going to be the worse QQ this forum has seen about the tribes who don't like getting pk'd on their territory.
    3. Without the ability to currently siege tribes, many will go stagnant and block valuable land. See my other thread for this topic: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...at-go-inactive

There has been talk about adding a 2nd server for those that want the ability to raid other tribes and be raided themselves. (this will greatly divide the community imo)

As soon as prelude is over for the current server the people who hate being on a FFA game will rage that there is already a FFA server why do we need to ruin the current server. (not saying that is my stance, it's just what I beleive will be argued on the forums)

Also, because of the inability to raid other tribes on their territory, pretty much any tribe that doesn't get access to scrap piles during the post wipe land rush within their tribe territory is just going to be screwed for scrap. This is just another thing that's going to hurt the community when prelude is over, the tribes who have been so used to their personal scrap piles will have to start dealing with raiders and will bring more QQ to the forums.

Problems I foresee with Settlements:

1. If these are permanent peices of property, then why shouldn't we all just make a settlement.
    2. If they can eventually be sieged, how do you protect a 1 man settlement against a large tribe. Eventually there would be no settlements because everyone would know that you would just lose it to a "zerg" tribe. Even if you make it so that only someone with a settlement can attack a settlement then you get tribe members dropping tribes to create settlements to initiate the siege for their tribe.

Just some things we all need to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    1. All the really small tribes will get sieged and removed as soon as prelude is over and wars/sieges are added.

But this wont be implemented for a long time from what ive read, so they have a long time to build up, form nearby alliances/friendships and whatnot.

Focus is on rebuliding the world, not creating another apocalyose, you should start with that premise on your mind.

In case of "inactive totems" theres a lot of ways to deal with that, if "player(s) associated with totem are inactive for >30 (or 60 or whatever they fid appropriate) days, totem self-destructs.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    As soon as prelude is over for the current server the people who hate being on a FFA game will rage that there is already a FFA server why do we need to ruin the current server.
    Xsyon will lose a significant amount of the population if Safe Zones are removed and a complete Open FFA Pvp system is implemented. Word will then spread that this game is nothing more than MO, Darkfall, Shadowbane etc.

It really comes down to what type of game Jordi envisions, but more importantly, what type of subscriber base he wishes to obtain, and keep.

Personally, if I lose the "safe haven" of my little homestead in the mountains, I'll just leave... no raging.

I don't oppose PvP, I just won't play in an environment that has unrestrained PvP.

ok after reading your post this is what i feel that u want. 1 u want to be able to gank newbies as they spawn into game at starter points.2 u want tribe areas to not be safe areas so u can never harvest and just walk into a small tribes area and steal all their stuff just cause they dont got 50 people.

now this isnt a flame its just the way i feel when i read your post is all.jooky already said the reason for safe areas is to prevent greifing. its the thingg that bugs ffa pvp games the most is people who kill someone just to ruin their day not for loot or skill or stats but just to ruin their day. reason tribe areas are safe is to allow for a war system betwen tribes not to let a long guy go into a small tribes area and greif them.

once he opens more lands some tribes will move around to get better spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    But this wont be implemented for a long time from what ive read, so they have a long time to build up, form nearby alliances/friendships and whatnot.
    that's where you are missing my point I think- the false sense of security will keep these tribes from making many allies, I see this causing many problems for the player base after prelude.

Quote Originally Posted by natehamm View Post
    ok after reading your post this is what i feel that u want. 1 u want to be able to gank newbies as they spawn into game at starter points.2 u want tribe areas to not be safe areas so u can never harvest and just walk into a small tribes area and steal all their stuff just cause they dont got 50 people.

now this isnt a flame its just the way i feel when i read your post is all.jooky already said the reason for safe areas is to prevent greifing. its the thingg that bugs ffa pvp games the most is people who kill someone just to ruin their day not for loot or skill or stats but just to ruin their day. reason tribe areas are safe is to allow for a war system betwen tribes not to let a long guy go into a small tribes area and greif them.

once he opens more lands some tribes will move around to get better spots.
    I don't know if you know this- but after prelude this game is going to a FFA pvp open world game. This isn't something I'm askign for- that's just how it is.

And no, i don't want to gank noobs at starting zones- i've already made a suggestion to jooky about having a 30 min to 1 hour new player protection timer so that sort of thing can't happen.

Also, this post isn't about stating what I want- it's about discussing the possible repurcussions of what's to come from what has already been said to be happening after prelude. The only thing I haven't seen anything talked about is what happens to settlements after prelude.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremon View Post
    Xsyon will lose a significant amount of the population if Safe Zones are removed and a complete Open FFA Pvp system is implemented. Word will then spread that this game is nothing more than MO, Darkfall, Shadowbane etc.
    This.. There are different playstyles and if safezones will be removed, then every playstyles sole purpose will be to entertain certain "PvP-ers". Why I put PvP-ers into quotation marks? Simply because those who are actually interested in PvP can do that even now, those who are lobbying for removal of safezones, just want more opportunities to get easy kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremon View Post

It really comes down to what type of game Jordi envisions, but more importantly, what type of subscriber base he wishes to obtain, and keep.

Personally, if I lose the "safe haven" of my little homestead in the mountains, I'll just leave... no raging.

I don't oppose PvP, I just won't play in an environment that has unrestrained PvP.
    I'm of the same mind here .

I enjoy PvP , how-ever i don't like having it constantly rammed down my throat , and would like to be able to take a break in a safe area as and when i feel like it .
    Currently the game is perfect in that i can run around knowing i'm at risk of being attacked from not just Wildlife but other players at anypoint , while at the same time having the peace of mind that i can go to my homestead to craft / fish and take a break from being " at risk " when i choose to .

This to me is ideal , and should be kept . What i would like to see is Expansion lands being fought over rather than " Base " settlements .

Quote Originally Posted by rixk View Post
    This.. There are different playstyles and if safezones will be removed, then every playstyles sole purpose will be to entertain certain "PvP-ers". Why I put PvP-ers into quotation marks? Simply because those who are actually interested in PvP can do that even now, those who are lobbying for removal of safezones, just want more opportunities to get easy kills.
    It's not a lobby against safe zone- that's why I made this post- and you just proved it to me- you already have a false sense of security- after prelude THERE WILL BE NO SAFE ZONES.