• I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    "Did you know this will be a FFA PVP game?"

No one told me this was a game, I'm outraged and shocked...
    I'm glad you brought this to my attention.

Sure you can FFA PVP in this game, but that small portion of the game alone will offer you nothing when compared to what this game is truly about, so quit smudging the paint! You say PVP and I think of horrible nasty things associated with PVP in games. You say it's a crafting game and I think of the good enjoyable times I've had in previous sandbox games.

Quote Originally Posted by river111 View Post
    ...you expect people to cheat becuase well, PvPers do.
    I expect crafters to exploit because well, Crafters do.

wait...this game has combat? i had no idea

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    if there was a pve game that had deep crafting and allowed me and my 'clan' to build outposts, villages etc I wouldnt be playing this game

I have been playing video games for a very long time and to be frank if I never killed another anything for the rest of my gaming career that would be fine. Yeah its fun but after a few decades it really gets old.
    A tale in the Desert is all of the above.

while alot of the carebear groups dont want open pvp i think having it will be great.. think of this...

your a carebare crafter group... evil tribe takes an interested in you.. sieges you till you make a treaty with them.. you provide them with goods.. they protect you.. they get all powerful and keep your land safe.. you give them a cut and go back to carebear life..

sure.. you pay some for that carebear life.. but hey..

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    A tale in the Desert is all of the above.
    Intresting actually I looked into a bit I might look into it more.

If I was less lazy I would/should just go back to making mods in Neverwinter nights.

Quote Originally Posted by kombi View Post
    while alot of the carebear groups dont want open pvp i think having it will be great.. think of this...

your a carebare crafter group... evil tribe takes an interested in you.. sieges you till you make a treaty with them.. you provide them with goods.. they protect you.. they get all powerful and keep your land safe.. you give them a cut and go back to carebear life..

Yeah, that sounds like fulfilling gameplay right there.

Quote Originally Posted by kombi View Post

yea, weve seen how many times thats played out in previous MMO's.. :P
    its more like they take interest in you, see your easy to kill..you offer a treaty they tell you "have some balls fight us off like a MAN!"..carebear tribe tries, they get called noobs..and the treaty falls on deaf ears. the best they get is an offer to 'merge' into the attcking group to be the slave crafting labor to supply their PvP needs.

the 10% of the PvP population that would accept a treaty of sorts, wont make up for the 90% that do the above.