• I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    See what JCatano said, right below your post.
    Yes i know, but my posts is pointed towards those who seem to be fed up with safe zones being removed. Im sure the devs will figure out a way to please most people.

WTF! I'm quitting, again!

I don't really care about safezones that much I just don't want a game where almost everyone and their mom is a "Red" lunatic who (tries to) kill every person that comes within view distance. There's already 2 games out in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    KeithStone

Nearly everyone knows that save zones will be gone, tho who don't are told in game within their first hour as they make a silly comment about pvp..

Be careful not to state rumors as facts either. theres a lot of info scattered around and a lot of rumors also. wait and see is the best way to go about it.

the only facts and they can chance at any time are from and by Xsyon

Edit: hmm I have to correct this while I look for for some info. while unknown how..tribes can be destroyed by other tribes as stated in a old awnser/question session.
    I started this thread because of the one I linked in my first post- most people in the other thread didn't realize that prelude safe zones are only for prelude.

to your Edit: From the FAQ

Can architecture structures be damaged by other players at any time?
    As the game evolves yes. This won't be in for a while as towns are planned as safe zones in the Prelude, though I am considered tribes to allow to choose if they want to be warring tribes during the Prelude. Warring tribes will be able to attack each other.

When will we be able to raid other tribes? And what systems are you planning for that?
    Not for a while. This was planned for after the Prelude, which will last at least 6 months. When a raiding system is implemented I will first look at what other games do and what systems have had success.

After prelude- will tribes be able to conquer other tribe lands by destroying their totem?
    Yes. How this will work is not fully decided yet. Since we first started working on Xsyon, many games have come out with some good ideas for this type of warfare. We're going to spend some time checking these out before we implement what we think is the best solution.

When will we be able to raid other tribes? And what systems are you planning for that?
    Not for a while. This was planned for after the Prelude, which will last at least 6 months. When a raiding system is implemented I will first look at what other games do and what systems have had success.
    Exactly this, he will not implement something that has not worked for other games. It will not be a big gankfeast. He will figure out a way that works and that is exactly what the FAQ is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Exactly this, he will not implement something that has not worked for other games. It will not be a big gankfeast. He will figure out a way that works and that is exactly what the FAQ is saying.
    raiding = raiding

there's not much to it- you raid a city for what they have and to kill the people who are there.

My point though with this poll, is did you or did you not know this would happen.

From my other thread, most people did not know.

My apologies KeithStone , I as under the impression you were member of the Ultra PvP fraction and adding more rumors to the mill. You are not and defended yourself whit Honor, I shall let you raid my home free for one hour in prelude *nod*

raiding = raiding

there's not much to it- you raid a city for what they have and to kill the people who are there.

My point though with this poll, is did you or did you not know this would happen.

oh for crying out loud why do you think people build fences and moats? yes I knew and all I had to do to figure it out was watch a few of the intro videos the community has made.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    oh for crying out loud why do you think people build fences and moats? yes I knew and all I had to do to figure it out was watch a few of the intro videos the community has made.
    again, I made this for the people that don't know- just because you know it doesn't mean other people don't.

read my last sentence: From my other thread, most people did not know. http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...y-With-Prelude

I'm not trying to annoy you- just trying to help those that didn't already know.

I'm for the community not against it.

raiding = raiding

Pretty sure, that everyone who has bought the game knows about FFA-PVP. You don't also seem to understand, that creating safezones doesn't mean, that invulnerability will have to continue.
    For example. Every sane tribe will create walls around each settlement.. Now when only way to cross the wall means, that you have to craft expensive siege weapon, drag it behind you for an hour or so to the desired settlement, then mindless "raiding" won't happen too often, don't you think? Which in result means, that the zone inside the walls is pretty safe even when people inside technically would be vulnerable to any attack.
    This is just one example.. there are tons of ways to keep some area safe, but still vulnerable to attack.