201. You may not vote on this poll
  • I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I knew it was advertised as a FFA PvP game. I also know that Notorious Games is a business.

A few months from now the devs just might remove safe zones. First they will have to make a business decision. Can they afford to lose half of their revenue? You know the answer to that already. If the devs can devise an alternate way to allow the carebears to continue enjoying Xsyon without safezones then they might replace safezones with the new mechanic. Whatever that mechanic is it must prevent PK'ers from killing newbs and crafters who want to avoid pvp.

We can debate endlessly what we think the world of Xyson should be, and what the devs wanted it to be. Ultimately it is economics that will decide. One man's virtual world is another man's paycheck. That's just the reality of it.

You cannot remove safe zones in time. Then all you get is a WAVE of new PvP'ers coming into your game only for PvP....this would totally unbalance the game. They #1 would not understand the game, and #2 would make life total hell for the PvE players who do not want to partake.

I think the best thing to do, after the wipe, is launch with 2 servers - 1 FFA open PvP (no safe zones), and 1 PvE server (no PvP at all, this is a pure role-play/PvE server).

I think after the hell we suffered thru this weekend, everyone should have no problem with 2 servers.

Quote Originally Posted by rixk View Post
    Pretty sure, that everyone who has bought the game knows about FFA-PVP. You don't also seem to understand, that creating safezones doesn't mean, that invulnerability will have to continue.
    For example. Every sane tribe will create walls around each settlement.. Now when only way to cross the wall means, that you have to craft expensive siege weapon, drag it behind you for an hour or so to the desired settlement, then mindless "raiding" won't happen too often, don't you think? Which in result means, that the zone inside the walls is pretty safe even when people inside technically would be vulnerable to any attack.
    This is just one example.. there are tons of ways to keep some area safe, but still vulnerable to attack.
    My point is there won't be a code in the game that doesn't allow it to happen at all.

No safe zones means just that- you are not safe because because of whatever the person has to do - if they get through your defenses you still have to fight with them or die.

The way it is now- you can ignore them because they can't do any damage to you, because it's coded that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    After prelude this will be a FFA PVP game. ...
    Why "after" prelude, it is FFA PvP with (partial) loot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Why "after" prelude, it is FFA PvP with (partial) loot right now.
    right now it's limited to non tribal lands.

after prelude it will be open in tribal lands.

right now it's limited to non tribal lands.

after prelude it will be open in tribal lands.
    It still is FFA PvP right now, it's only that every player has a (compared to land mass) tiny safe zone. Each time someone leaves his safe zone he can be killed without implications and repercussions.

It still is FFA PvP right now, it's only that every player has a (compared to land mass) tiny safe zone. Each time someone leaves his safe zone he can be killed without implications and repercussions.
    are you just trying to argue?

I told you it's limited ffa pvp, the point of this thread is that after prelude it won't be limted to non-tribal lands.

The title of the poll is: "Safe zones are going away after prelude" typo corrected

my post has nothing to do with pvp outside tribal lands during prelude.

are you just trying to argue?

I told you it's limited ffa pvp, the point of this thread is that after prelude it won't be limted to non-tribal lands.

The title of the poll is: "Safe zones are going away after prelude" typo corrected

my post has nothing to do with pvp outside tribal lands during prelude.
    You seem to be bad at reading. This thread is titled "Did you know this will be a FFA PVP game?". I told you that it already is a FFA PvP game, it just has some safe zones. That's practically the same setup like any other FFA PvP game out there.

Yah, game is already FFA PvP, so the question is actually very silly. Its like saying Lineage 2 or EvE are not FFA PvP. Or, well, any other game with FFA PvP.

Another of "those" polls.

You seem to be bad at reading. This thread is titled "Did you know this will be a FFA PVP game?". I told you that it already is a FFA PvP game, it just has some safe zones. That's practically the same setup like any other FFA PvP game out there.
    The question is clearly stated in the poll. If you choose to ignore that- then so be it.

this game will not have safe zones after prelude and is the point of the poll.