• I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    The question is clearly stated in the poll. If you choose to ignore that- then so be it.

this game will not have safe zones after prelude and is the point of the poll.
    Safe zoes have nothing to do with game being FFA PvP. You fail to grasp this.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    Safe zoes have nothing to do with game being FFA PvP. You fail to grasp this.
    you guys argue it all you want, bu tthe question for the poll is about safe zones.

i did give the title of the thread a misleading title- and wasn't my intentions- but i clearly stated my question in the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    you guys argue it all you want, bu tthe question for the poll is about safe zones.

i did give the title of the thread a misleading title- and wasn't my intentions- but i clearly stated my question in the poll.
    Yah, just a bit msleadin, thread title say 1 thing, actual poll something else, your post something different from either.

Thats one skewed poll if you ask me

Did you know the devs are giving themselves at least six months to decide how they want to expand the areas of pvp/increase the chance of pvp/increase the frequency of pvp/change whatever they want to change about pvp? Did you know the devs are giving us all at least six months to build, craft, stalk and kill game outside our safe zones, stalk and kill other players outside their safe zones, and vice versa?

I think you do know that, and so do a lot of others who are accusing everyone else of being ignorant about post-prelude play.

And I also think a lot of those doing the accusing are really saying, "We don't like the current ruleset, change it for us now so we can kill other players more easily, in more locations, more often! Oh, and don't listen to the carebears, because they have no idea what horrible fate is in store for them in six months!" For those who only create these threads and post in them because you want something to change, why not just be honest about it and say it's because it's what YOU want?

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Did you know the devs are giving themselves at least six months to decide how they want to expand the areas of pvp/increase the chance of pvp/increase the frequency of pvp/change whatever they want to change about pvp? Did you know the devs are giving us all at least six months to build, craft, stalk and kill game outside our safe zones, stalk and kill other players outside their safe zones, and vice versa?

I think you do know that, and so do a lot of others who are accusing everyone else of being ignorant about post-prelude play.

And I also think a lot of those doing the accusing are really saying, "We don't like the current ruleset, change it for us now so we can kill other players more easily, in more locations, more often! Oh, and don't listen to the carebears, because they have no idea what horrible fate is in store for them in six months!" For those who only create these threads and post in them because you want something to change, why not just be honest about it and say it's because it's what YOU want?
    I do not think anyone is complaining about the current ruleset. I think most of us who power game realize we will burn though this content in 1 month. If there is nothing to fight over (outside of random PKn), this game will not last 6 months for a majority of us (we will all just be sitting there looking at each other bored to death). 6 months is an eternity to a virtual word.

You cannot wait 6 months, then turn a PvE constructed realm into a PvP constructed realm over night. That just will not work.

I think that is all we are saying. 6 months should be 2-4 weeks. Or do this, all formed tribes have 2 weeks safe zone protection (from the day they are formed), then it's turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    I do not think anyone is complaining about the current ruleset. I think most of us who power game realize we will burn though this content in 1 month. If there is nothing to fight over (outside of random PKn), this game will not last 6 months for a majority of us.

I think that is all we are saying.

We will all just be sitting there looking at each other bored to death.
    You could be right, and even though I solo, I could still be right up there with the power gaming crowd through the sheer amount of time I play. I know I was hallucinating from sleep deprivation earlier, because I found a circular saw blade, and those don't actually exist, they're just a rumor of a legend of a myth.

It hasn't been a month yet. Why do I get the feeling from reading these posts and from global chat in game that a certain segment of the population wants an unlimited killing spree as soon as the server is back up from the second wipe?

It really does not matter what they posted a year ago as someone else said plans change and when you have a player base over 75% in another poll who want there to remain safe zones with options you can surely guess what the devs will do.I would be willing to bet you come 6 months from now there will not be the kinda chaos your wanting you can wish it all you want but they wanna make money and they want a player base the 25% full chaos pvp crowd won't get there way no matter how much you wish it just won't happen. I agree with another poster just have 2 servers and it will stop alot of this from the get go but ofc pvpers won't like that because 90% of you want easy kills and to grief ppl who really want nothing to do with the pvp aspect if they put you all on a server without the non pvpers you would hate it.

<snip>
    It hasn't been a month yet. Why do I get the feeling from reading these posts and from global chat in game that a certain segment of the population wants an unlimited killing spree as soon as the server is back up from the second wipe?
    Because nothing frustrates a wannabe PK'er more than watching a bunch of "carebears" frolicking inside a safe zone...

Besides, how is an honest PK'er supposed to play this game if he cannot farm carebears for armor, weapons and food ?

I suspect the agenda of this poll will become apparent later: "Dev's, look ! The majority of the playerbase KNOWS this is a FFA-PVP game ! They accept it and are happy with it ! So it's OK to remove the safe zones NAO !!1!1!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    Because nothing frustrates a wannabe PK'er more than watching a bunch of "carebears" frolicking inside a safe zone...

Besides, how is an honest PK'er supposed to play this game if he cannot farm carebears for armor, weapons and food ?

I suspect the agenda of this poll will become apparent later: "Dev's, look ! The majority of the playerbase KNOWS this is a FFA-PVP game ! They accept it and are happy with it ! So it's OK to remove the safe zones NAO !!1!1!!"
    Pretty sure the devs are a little brighter about manipulation attempts than that. And at least one of this morning's (afternoon's?) thread starters seems to want two servers, and wants to be on the one with the harsher pvp ruleset, which means no frollicking carebears for him to rob. And I know I wouldn't cry if the world outside my tribal area became safer due to a mass exodus of some of our more persistent pkers.

... And at least one of this morning's (afternoon's?) thread starters seems to want two servers, and wants to be on the one with the harsher pvp ruleset, which means no frollicking carebears for him to rob. ...
    Ah, PvPers always say that. They always say that they want real risk, skilled PvP, excitement, honest competition and all that jazz. But practically are they just killing newbies and gatherers all day long.