201. You may not vote on this poll
  • I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

Here is the plan:

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.

If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time you may keep the safe zone on.

Hope this clears things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

Here is the plan:

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.

If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time you may keep the safe zone on.

?!!? We will definitely need a different ruleset then. This changes everything for a lot of us. Why in the world would I want to open my territory to PvP if other people have the option not too? That's not sandbox, that's World of Warcraft....

Xsyon told us they were getting turned off.

Wow....

Here is the plan:

But...but...I was just going to come up with a brilliant way to hide up in some mountain cave with no home and only a crafter's knife and a hungry bear, carving out a trade empire for myself against all odds, ducking and dodging pkers at every turn, with a rock for my pillow and a bandana tied around my head and a...

Oh well, back to being serious, thank you for letting us know!

Here is the plan:

It's a far way off, but I hope it will change to a more FFA style.

Instead of a black and white, I purpose a system like:

Tribe A declares war on Tribe B

1) Tribe B accepts = total war (building destruction, everything)
    2) Tribe B doesn't accept = just player killing and looting anywhere/anytime no building destruction

That way for option 2, they can hide in their little citadel (a la Eve stations in Empire), and Tribe A can "siege" their territory. Eventually, Tribe B will have to submit to Tribe A to continue playing. Hence, some soft of tribute system would then be created or a vassalization (made up word?).

Again, we have a lot of time to sort this stuff out before it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    That's not sandbox, that's World of Warcraft....
    Actually, being able to do what you want when you want IS sandbox, and deciding to turn on or off your safezone is being able to play how you want

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    But...but...I was just going to come up with a brilliant way to hide up in some mountain cave with no home and only a crafter's knife and a hungry bear, carving out a trade empire for myself against all odds, ducking and dodging pkers at every turn, with a rock for my pillow and a bandana tied around my head and a...

Oh well, back to being serious, thank you for letting us know!
    Bring me 100 sand and I'll give you the coordinates to my mountain cave. pictured below.

Quote Originally Posted by sionide View Post
    Again, we have a lot of time to sort this stuff out before it happens.
    No offense to anyone, but I would like it sorted out now please. I need to know what the end game repesents here, or to be quite honest, what's the point in playing the "game" to being with. Guilds need to know what sort of end game group vs group is offering in this game. We are not here to play the sims online. Everything we were led to be believe failed with what Virtus just announced.

Here is the plan:

Thank you for clearing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
    Bring me 100 sand and I'll give you the coordinates to my mountain cave. pictured below.

Oh you clever fiend! You photo shopped the coords out. No, you keep your cave, but that looks like the place to live, and now I will keep a lookout for handy caves just in case I ever need one. I better finish skilling crafting (after the upcoming wipe of course) because I'm betting there's no junk piles hanging out in empty caves. Bears, maybe, but not junkpiles. Where is that guy who wanted to be a Shaman? He needs a cave, too. And a bear companion.

No junk piles or water. Lots of wood, basalt, granite, twigs and grass. Trust me that cave goes pretty far back, a couple of barricades would make that thing pretty much impenetrable until siege warfare and even then it would be pretty easy to defend.

ps. to the dev that made this cave: nice. real nice.