• I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    And it's back to being all about the solo players and the small tribes vs the big tribes again. So once you big tribes all have your walls and your gates, it's Prelude over, let the killing of the solo players and the small tribes begin? How nice for you, you'll have all our stuff. I'm sure you'll also have a great deal of fun, at least until you've driven everyone who doesn't play your chosen style out of the game and you are all bored of making up reasons to attack the people you were allied with during your takeover phase. Hooray for the political zerg, we win, time to go play something else now? That's some future you have in mind.

I'm not saying it's not realistic. That's exactly how it really is. It's just not any fun, and it renders all systems of good, evil, and neutral utterly meaningless. Plus, it won't take you more than a month after Prelude to accomplish.
    I hear what you are saying. Fully open PVP and full, open conquering will make this game a no-go for solo players. Regardless of what other people think, there is a decent sized contingency of solo players who want to play this game and want to have PVP. I am one of them. I am hoping that Jordi will see sense and make a nice balance between the two playstyles, otherwise this game will become another Darkfall/MO and i sure as hell dont want that and would leave the game. If i feel this way then surely a lot of others do too. Imagine all the Asshats from DF that would end up here. I would love to see this game have game mechanics that force people NOT to be griefers and keep away all the worst of what forumfall has to offer. Regardless of whether you want to PVP or no PVP the common denominator i see in this forum, which of course is the best gauge of the people inside the game is that there is a good respect for each other. Open the PVP and conquering fully and what we will see overnight is a bunch of 12yo twitch griefers destroy this community both in the forums and in the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post
    I hear what you are saying. Fully open PVP and full, open conquering will make this game a no-go for solo players. Regardless of what other people think, there is a decent sized contingency of solo players who want to play this game and want to have PVP. I am one of them. I am hoping that Jordi will see sense and make a nice balance between the two playstyles, otherwise this game will become another Darkfall/MO and i sure as hell dont want that and would leave the game. If i feel this way then surely a lot of others do too. Imagine all the Asshats from DF that would end up here. I would love to see this game have game mechanics that force people NOT to be griefers and keep away all the worst of what forumfall has to offer. Regardless of whether you want to PVP or no PVP the common denominator i see in this forum, which of course is the best gauge of the people inside the game is that there is a good respect for each other. Open the PVP and conquering fully and what we will see overnight is a bunch of 12yo twitch griefers destroy this community both in the forums and in the actual game.
    Well now we have plenty of time to figure out how to defend against anything the big tribes can think up. Maybe some type of loose coalition of homesteaders who come to the defense of each other when needed and periodically get together to attack tribes that constantly target us but otherwise go about our own private business? Traders could get warnings of safe and unsafe areas to trade in, and if there are things tribes can't get or make later that solo players and small tribes high in the mountains can get, they would have to keep their areas safe and lawful in order to get the trade they'll need.

Edited to add: If this idea catches on, maybe we could even ask for a homestead channel to sub to. But even if not, there are always outside communications.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Darkfall never failed. Behind Shadowbane and EvE it is the #3 mmorpg far as open pvp during this decade. Darkfall is very much alive and kicking, it just lacks in created sandbox content - everything you fight over is static.
    You forget to mention that DF is one hell of a macrofest and there is no way to be competitive unless you are maxed. DF is dying a slow death due to lack of change in regards to any useful improvements, lack of communication from Devs, exploits galore, grindfest, macrofest and griefers both ingame and in forum, etc, etc. Darkfall has failed because Av dont have a clue what their game is like to actually play. Lets say it is terminally ill - imminent death coming eventually. I just hope the worst contingent of players in DF dont move to here, so all i can do is hope that game mechanics dont allow for griefers, macroers and cheats

I don't really care about safezones that much I just don't want a game where almost everyone and their mom is a "Red" lunatic who (tries to) kill every person that comes within view distance. There's already 2 games out in that department.
    When an evil aligned ("Red") character dies, they respawn all the way back at their totem. Trust me, we tested it, it sucks and is proper punishment. Because if they are PvP'ing with a group, and 1 dies, he/she is out sorta speak. It's a good system. You guys will be fine. Just always be on guard, this is a FFA PvP game, so if your outside your territory, always be on the look out.

When an evil aligned ("Red") character dies, they respawn all the way back at their totem. Trust me, we tested it, it sucks and is proper punishment. Because if they are PvP'ing with a group, and 1 dies, he/she is out sorta speak. It's a good system. You guys will be fine. Just always be on guard, this is a FFA PvP game, so if your outside your territory, always be on the look out.
    Lol, thats minor incovenience, another one of reward with no risk "want to gank" posts.

Even pure "carebear" PvE only games have more consequences to dying.

Unless evil tribe doesn't set their tribe just next to yours. Evil hopi is a homestead(I think) and they are about 30s sprint from our tribe. That's about 2min break for them after death.

Penalty that was considered is stat loss at death, combined with stat loss from hunger and thirst, and (probably) stat loss form low comfort, add to it lessend skill effectiveness(combat too) from all of the above and you have to thnk if you want to grief others(unless you bought the game only to grief for few days and leave).

Or if my (hypotetical) 50 men tribe want to grief your (hypotetical again) 20 men tribe. Not because i enjoy to grief people but because your tribe hold the only basalt spot in the area and i want it. Lot of people here don't want the main totem to be destroyed after the prelude coz "i spent 6 month to build my city and i don't want a griefer to take it way; i want it as a safe zone". This lead straight to a forced grief mechanic: i can't siege you so i'm going to kill you every single time you go out from your safe zone untill you don't move or unistall the game. Hard griefing to prevent from some random griefing.

This is exactly what is gonna happen if safe zone will stay in after prelude. And same in the prelude probably. Clarification on a siege system is needed asap.

I hope that devs will put in something similar to EVE. That can be perfect and also open the game to a major commercial choises.

Well that's my (hypothetical) 20 men tribe's choice. If you want to stay outside of war don't claim rare resources.
    It that simple. Make best you can with what you got and trade for what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Grushenko View Post
    Or if my (hypotetical) 50 men tribe want to grief your (hypotetical again) 20 men tribe. Not because i enjoy to grief people but because your tribe hold the only basalt spot in the area and i want it. Lot of people here don't want the main totem to be destroyed after the prelude coz "i spent 6 month to build my city and i don't want a griefer to take it way; i want it as a safe zone". This lead straight to a forced grief mechanic: i can't siege you so i'm going to kill you every single time you go out from your safe zone untill you don't move or unistall the game. Hard griefing to prevent from some random griefing.

This is exactly what is gonna happen if safe zone will stay in after prelude. And same in the prelude probably. Clarification on a siege system is needed asap.

I hope that devs will put in something similar to EVE. That can be perfect and also open the game to a major commercial choises.
    I think greiving tactics to the point of trying to get an entire tribe to move might be a little hard in this game. I could be wrong but it would seem at least for now it would be a lot easier to get that basalt either outright attacking with the seige mechanics that are not yet in the game, find another spot, or sneak in and steal.

Grieving can cause a great deal of game time spent with very little assests to show for it.

A grieving tactic could be hard but not that much if i outnumber the tribe i want to move. I used basalt coz is kinda a rare resource but can be anything. And sure, is absolutely easyer to take it by steal, or buying or whatever. But if i want to have the basalt monopoly in my region so i can base my economy on it i obviously have to own it. With safe zones this is not possible and the political side of the game si going to be borken.

I'm not against safe zone in the beginning, we all need time to build the world and welcome new players. We need it, and the game need it. But as us pvper (i'm not an hardcore pvper but i like it) are asking, those safe zones can't last forever. I also know that lot of "carebears" here are fine with no safe zones in 6-9 months once cityes are built and defended. But i also noticed that they don't want the main totem to be siegeable. I can undestand, but i also think that this will be bad for the game lifespan.