• I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Sorry DDT but i'm with ocoma, these two messages threw me off. You want it to be difficult to loot, and have there be a limited time frame to loot (which follows that whatever is not looted is either destroyed or kept by the player), but you dont want people to keep their stuff when they die and respawn with it?
    Maybe this will look very different if locks are introduced to go with the key slot we have in inventory. (unless that's only for gates)

It really shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to loot everything off someone's body... but whatever. Why make people wait while you casually take your time looting.

The bags though would be locked. You'd have to have a good lockpicking skill to open each one, which will take time. The bags remain after the body is resurrected so again, folks don't have to wait too long for you after they've already been killed.
    You run the risk of a posse getting to you while you try your luck picking those locks, and the dead dude has a chance to get his stuff back... or lose another set of armor.

It honestly starts making the whole death thing kind of a pain in the youknowwhat but such is life... well, such is death.

Would love to see boobytraps introduced as a nice "right back at ya thief!" when bags are opened. Poisons, explosives, angry marmots... etc.

Sorry DDT but i'm with ocoma, these two messages threw me off. You want it to be difficult to loot, and have there be a limited time frame to loot (which follows that whatever is not looted is either destroyed or kept by the player), but you dont want people to keep their stuff when they die and respawn with it?
    I can think of systems where this doesnt have to happen.

Plus really the main limiting factor is the 30seconds. Really IMO I think that should be removed the person looting should have a LOT of time to loot, but it should also take time to loot (to prevent battle looting etc).

I 100% DO NOT want re-spawning with items. Its bad for econ, it bad for trade, its bad for pvp, its bad for limited resources, it bad idea in even more ways I cant even think of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

Plus really the main limiting factor is the 30seconds. Really IMO I think that should be removed the person looting should have a LOT of time to loot, but it should also take time to loot (to prevent battle looting etc).

I 100% DO NOT want re-spawning with items. Its bad for econ, it bad for trade, its bad for pvp, its bad for limited resources, it bad idea in even more ways I cant even think of yet.
    Okay so you just want to avoid darkfall-like combat looting that can be done on a whim. That makes sense, and i support that idea a lot.

Couldn't agree more. It's bad for everything except whining kids who lost their loots. But that is good for Xsyon because those players don't really benefit any game. They are actually the downfall of most.

NG seriously think about hiring MrDDT for his mostly rock solid ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Couldn't agree more. It's bad for everything except whining kids who lost their loots. But that is good for Xsyon because those players don't really benefit any game. They are actually the downfall of most.

NG seriously think about hiring MrDDT for his mostly rock solid ideas.
    Like i said before, put people like DDT and dubanka in charge of leading this game's design and i guarantee at least the 30 or so of my tribe Anvil that left will come back, as well as many more. They have good ideas.

Assuming its all about money...(the dreamer has awaken).

Like i said before, put people like DDT and dubanka in charge of leading this game's design and i guarantee at least the 30 or so of my tribe Anvil that left will come back, as well as many more. They have good ideas.
    I actually have some fraps of AR and Pandemic retaliating against you guys for destroying our trees. Was the only PvP I've actually done in this game. Come on AR comes in peace, destroy Pandemic's trees when they respawn not ours

I also disagree with respawning with items, but it does not hurt the economy - unless those items would have been destroyed. If they are looted by another player, they are still IN the economy. Actually, allowing looting of corpses hurts the economy, as PvPers have access to items without making or trading for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    I also disagree with respawning with items, but it does not hurt the economy - unless those items would have been destroyed. If they are looted by another player, they are still IN the economy. Actually, allowing looting of corpses hurts the economy, as PvPers have access to items without making or trading for them.
    A tribe or tribes are less good at pvp than "super tribe A", they proceed to die in combat engagements against super tribe A. Their supply of gear equipment and resources depletes, and their demand for said gear equipment and resources increases, which is followed by the need to trade for it or produce it.

I'm not seeing how looting does anything bad to the economy. Having no decay on the other hand...

A tribe or tribes are less good at pvp than "super tribe A", they proceed to die in combat engagements against super tribe A. Their supply of gear equipment and resources depletes, and their demand for said gear equipment and resources increases, which is followed by the need to trade for it or produce it.
    Super Tribe A's supply goes up, and their demand goes down, which reduces their need to trade for or make it.

All looting does is change the loot's owner. It doesn't remove it from the economy. Destroying the stuff held by a killed player would.
    I'm not seeing how looting does anything bad to the economy. Having no decay on the other hand...
    How fast would you want an item that can be made in 5 seconds to decay?