174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    yea, weve seen how many times thats played out in previous MMO's.. :P
    its more like they take interest in you, see your easy to kill..you offer a treaty they tell you "have some balls fight us off like a MAN!"..carebear tribe tries, they get called noobs..and the treaty falls on deaf ears. the best they get is an offer to 'merge' into the attcking group to be the slave crafting labor to supply their PvP needs.

the 10% of the PvP population that would accept a treaty of sorts, wont make up for the 90% that do the above.
    so were comparing games where the only option to really progress was to kill others, to a game with a solid crafting system, and other methods to occupy gamers time?

all those games had was a combat sytem, and combat related skills (for the most part) to progress on, which is why everyone decided to just pvp. Also i dont see a gank skill in game in which to grind.

quit pretending this game is anything like those games already.

pretty funny reading the hypothetical...

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    so were comparing games where the only option to really progress was to kill others, to a game with a solid crafting system, and other methods to occupy gamers time?

all those games had was a combat sytem, and combat related skills (for the most part) to progress on, which is why everyone decided to just pvp. Also i dont see a gank skill in game in which to grind.

I think Hello Kitty might actually have a more developed combat engine then Xyson at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Im comparing human psyche and mentality in competitive games, and how some people conduct themselves in online games when there is a opportunity to display their alpha male status by force.

so your saying not only is xsyon a game, but a social reconditioning tool that can reverse human nature of domination when anonymity and accountability can be side skirted?

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I don't really care about safezones that much I just don't want a game where almost everyone and their mom is a "Red" lunatic who (tries to) kill every person that comes within view distance. There's already 2 games out in that department.
    This, i dont want safe zones how ever i also dont want the people that think just because theres no safe zones then that must mean that game is a 24/7 pvp gank fest

I know tribes in our area communicate pretty well about gankers and griefers

In a game like this if you try to gank and you are in a large tribe you risk getting kicked out if your tribe doesn't like unnecessary conflict. Or you may start a war which will get you kicked out.

And of course bands and homesteads won't really stand much of a chance against larger tribes. It's the little guys that have to worry about not having a chance to fight back, IMO. Just don't be an asshole in the game and make friends, things will be good. That doesn't mean when you are 20 zones away you can't go kill people occasionally if that is your style. Just don't mess with close by zones IMO

If we even see any sort of ganking or PVP the whole tribe and some surrounding tribes will know the players name immediately and if you call for 100 players in one zone (if we ever get to that many active players again...haha) on to 1 ganker he will likely be found and hunted down.

If you wanted to be really kind about it whoever hunted down the ganker would return the lost items to the member of the alliance of tribes who was ganked. I think this game will get really interesting....by 2012...lol

Maybe all you PVE Care Bear Crafters should stop Care bearing up all the games that keep coming out with your my way or the high way crap.

I like the option of being attacked or attacking some one, i dont like artificial limits placed on a game when im trading with some one. I like that i might have to distrust the people im meeting since they might attack me and steal my stuff.

Im not saying that the game has to be quake online 24.7, i like to craft and rp and pvp, but Its like the ride they have to remove from the amusement park because some people said its too scary.

Its like all the religious people that are always tring to say your going to <insertafterlifeseneriohere> because you dont believe in what they say and your wrong.

catchy title Jadzia. that's my guess

stop harrasing ancient threads!