Question on Looting

Personally, I am not a fan of PvP, but in this world, you just have to deal with it. Paranoid as hell while I am fishing. Always looking around me. I like the feeling of the possibility of being attacked. I like the suspense.

Back to my question.

When you die and get looted, can they loot everything on you down to your clothes?
    What about what you have in your hand that is not in the backpack or starting tools.
    Just curious on how far this looting thing goes.

Thanks all

yep, they can loot everything you own. a few new players have been shafted like that..
    make a toon, login run for 30 seconds..get killed by a PK'er camping spawn and they now are naked, tool-less, and no idea what to do.

(edit: and your from jax, me too..small world)

That is kind of bad. I mean when you have been looted everything, what chance does he/she have to start again? I really think that the stuff you started with cannot be looted, so you have something to work with to build back up. Just seems a little too harsh to me, especially if you have a homestead.

Thats why they make baskets and homesteads.

There are a few different outcomes I've been running into while looting, not sure if it's all intended, or it might just be bugged / database trippin.

- Looting someone's equipped inventory gear is easy. Then you have the option to loot their backpack/basket/pouches by right clicking and opening it. A green bar pops up, so this takes some of the 30 second death time. Here is where it gets confusing:

- Most of the time what happens is after I open the bag, I can only pull put one item to my backpack before their backpack window closes. This means I need to open it again, taking more time.

- But I'd say about 75% of the time when I try to open their backpack a second time after the window auto closing, I can't open it! This means I can only pull one item out of their backpack.

- The other 25% of the time either I can loot every item and their backpack/basket doesn't close on me, or it tells me "You don't have permission to use that", and I'm not able to loot anything at all!

I'm not sure if these are all bugs, or if there are different rules for looting. Most of the time I'm not able to loot someone dry because of their backpack window closing then not opening again, again not sure if that's intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    There are a few different outcomes I've been running into while looting, not sure if it's all intended, or it might just be bugged / database trippin.

- Looting someone's equipped inventory gear is easy. Then you have the option to loot their backpack/basket/pouches by right clicking and opening it. A green bar pops up, so this takes some of the 30 second death time. Here is where it gets confusing:

- Most of the time what happens is after I open the bag, I can only pull put one item to my backpack before their backpack window closes. This means I need to open it again, taking more time.

- But I'd say about 75% of the time when I try to open their backpack a second time after the window auto closing, I can't open it! This means I can only pull one item out of their backpack.

- The other 25% of the time either I can loot every item and their backpack/basket doesn't close on me, or it tells me "You don't have permission to use that", and I'm not able to loot anything at all!

I'm not sure if these are all bugs, or if there are different rules for looting. Most of the time I'm not able to loot someone dry because of their backpack window closing then not opening again, again not sure if that's intentional.
    Yeah i always struggle to take more than one item from pouches, they wont open the second time.

That's very curious, I remember in UO having piles of bags inside bags inside bags - all dyed black (on black background) - so if I was killed, only thing the Pker could usually loot was what I was wearing/using at the time, and occasionally they would get a bag of rocks (or something heavy), other times just empty bags -

This would appear similar in that you have to act fast and grab the "best" loot first, before someone showed up to attack you or in this game, the person respawned.

no need to worry this is being worked on by the devs.

starting areas are supposed to be non attackable areas that jus wasn't working due to a bug, and the suggestions right now are to make your starting tools non-lootable, and to have a up to 1 hour new player protection.

It's in the devs best interest to protect new players so they can get adjusted in game.