Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    You could per-chance included 2 servers with different rule sets, but you have to agree that the game is not supposed to be pvp centric. That's from the dev's mouth. At the moment it seems like it is not the "safe zone" people that are whining, but the ganker-type people. Alot of the time these games start off over-pvp centric. This isn't really the case here.

I believe that a real Apocalypse would draw the human race together and not destroy it even more. Yes you'd get people killing, but rarely for "sport". There would be more people trying to rebuild what they have lost with the abundance of resources around than finding people to kill.

Also, combat isn't even working correctly. I'd rather get into pvp once it isn't broken. Before then... it seems kind of pointless especially because there are very few items of real worth that people have on themselves. As I said, killing for sport in a partial race extinction seems to lose immersion probably more so than safe zones do.

Finally, the current animal population and spawns are not reminiscent of the true and full implementation. We do not know what Xsyon has planned come official release with 16+ more monster types.

Quote Originally Posted by beauhindman View Post
    Since I am a little unclear as to how the PvP works in this game, is it anything like EVE? EVE has safe areas, but does Xsyon? The second I logged in for the first time the other day I was killed by someone.

If there are safe spots, can someone explain that or point me to a faq that does? I don't mind the safe spots -- if anything, that represents police/law enforcement when tribes reach a certain level.
    Spawning points are supposed to be safe zones, if it isn't working now it will hopefully work by launch time.

You can create tribes in the game you need 5 people for that. With 5 people joined you can plant a totem, and the surrounding area around the totem will be a safe zone for your tribe's members (if you choose to make an evil tribe your area won't be safe), no one can attack you there, and people who aren't tribemembers can't gather the resources on your land. Your buildings and containers are safe as well.

Solo players can make homesteads, this is similar to a tribe but can't grow. The homestead area is safe as well.

He!!!!!! And what I said, I said becouse if you decide to erase a tribe with 70 members, you'll be able to do it if not alone than with some help and most of them will leave the game.

I like to leave people option if you want to go for total war than go ahead you'll find someone who wants it too, but don't make me do it.

And I really don't like the idea of splitting servers into PvP and PvE it would destroy the game. PvP and Hardcore PvP would be better, but I'm not sure if the population is big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramanu View Post
    stick with one server, if EVE can do it then so can we.
    eve had a bit more money in the beginning to do what they did. eve was built from the ground up to be one world, it is not one server but one world spread across multiple servers, when you go through a gate sometimes you are crossing onto another server. from what i hear xyson was not coded with this in mind, i could be wrong but from what i've read the code would have to be rebuilt to do what eve has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    This would really kill the persistent, open world feel to the game. Maybe have some areas that will always have a degree of safety but much lesser resources, so tribes who move out to defend their lands get the bonuses that come with it. Splitting the game into PvP and non PvP servers kind of kills the whole idea of Xsyon, a world where you have to learn how to survive along with others, a true open world.
    Thats the idea, make current area "starting area" that have safe-zones, especially for new players to get hold of the game systems, as its not <insert maimstream MMO here> where game holds your hand and you can mindlessly play, and with expanded land, for tribe to advance, they have to claim new land (resources).

Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    It would suck if half of this game became naked people ganking each other
    It would suck even more if whole game became this, like some people here suggest.

I dont see game with Xsyon setup working as PvE or no rules gankfest game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    from what i hear xyson was not coded with this in mind, i could be wrong but from what i've read the code would have to be rebuilt to do what eve has done.
    This is correct. The game/engine cannot add more land/territory, at least that is what Xsyon told us. That's a core difference from the EvE world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dweetybyrd View Post
    NO SPLIT!! final answer

Big C from perpetuum?
    The one and only.

How about 2-4 weeks, and then remove safe zones from the game?

Could everyone live with that?

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    How about 2-4 weeks, and then remove safe zones from the game?

Could everyone live with that?
    Lol.