Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    No thanks - soul bound items and weapons needs to stay in WOW type games.

Your pre-order weapon also needs to be lootable.

The starting tools are very basic and with a few weeks will be useless to everyone as they are such low quality. If they are not low quality then make it so that they are - that way no one will have any need to loot new players for them as they will be useless to established crafters. I think this is already the case though hence Jooky having the game his way. You see he has actually thought about these things far more than the people that have been playing a few weeks/days.

Do you have another solution to the "all-tools" exploit?

You don't see it as a problem? Why not just start everyone with all the tools in the game then? Are you actually saying that rerolling new characters to stash all the tools for yourself is an intended part of gameplay? Can you see the contradiction that reasonable answers to these questions reveal? Do you still maintain that the current mechanics that allow for starter tool exploitation is "by design?"

Edit: and lol you want to make it so that we can start with all the preorder weapons too. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    ... that way no one will have any need to loot new players ...
    The gank squads aren't killing new players for their items, they're killing new players because they like killing new players. The objective of the gank squad is not to gain anything, the objective is to make the victim feel miserable.

100% agree.

This fixes the exploit of people creating and deleting chars as well to have all the tools they need.

Needs to be fixed asap.

6 months from now, you can put it back to how it is now. But for this stage in the world build, starter tools need to be newbified.

Giving new players a grace period so they aren't killed right as they start wouldn't be bad, but if you don't lose your starting tools, getting killed in the first 10 minutes really isn't that big of a deal. The real problem is that when you get killed as a newbie, you don't go back to square one, you go back to square negative eight. I'm sure people would still go around killing newbies, but it wouldn't ruin the game for them, it would just be a small disturbance. Actually, I really don't think it would be that bad of an experience for new players either. If you get killed when you first start off it teaches you that you need to be careful because people will kill you, and you learn this lesson without losing everything you own.

Another thing I just realized, can people loot your backpack if there's an unlootable item in it, or is the backpack then safe? The backpack really should be bound too, because losing your backpack is actually even worse for a new player than losing your tools. You basically can't do anything in the game without some sort of backpack.

I know some people think it makes the game too easy if you have safety items that you can't lose, but the designer decided that there are a few basic items that everyone should start with. Those items represent the bare minimum, the lowest your character should get is that you're down to just those basic items. If the game makes it possible (and very very common) for you to be thrust below that level, then that is a design flaw because the reasonable response to it is to just ragequit.

The tools should be bound to the player but very limited use.. problem solved.

Filthy zergers that think anyone who is also not in a filthy zerg clan is doing it wrong are stupid.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to be in the largest clan possible.

Weather or not this is the right fix, the basic problems stated by the OP are huge. We shouldn't be rewarded for or forced to reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    The tools should be bound to the player but very limited use.. problem solved.
    What he said

This is a gamekiller. Let's just give you all the tools and skill up to 100 at start as well. Carebears! Every single one of you!

with all my heart, no.