View Poll Results: When Should Safe Zones Be Turned Off?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 Weeks

27 19.01%
  • 4 Weeks

18 12.68%
  • 3 Months

18 12.68%
  • 6 Months

79 55.63%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    as opposed to the certifiable infant brats who want to nothing other than to craft in game because all they can hope to accomplish in life is moderate success at an unchallenging and uncompetitive aspect of an online video game <3
    /signed

Oh wow my life is complete now that i can push this button over and over in peace...

as opposed to the certifiable infant brats who want to nothing other than to craft in game because all they can hope to accomplish in life is moderate success at an unchallenging and uncompetitive aspect of an online video game <3
    While I would like to see them turned off it is more out of wanting to see the social aspect of the game progress. As far as competing. . I don't consider being good at computer games "winning" at life. I play sometimes just to relax. . sort of like a vacation. . I am not a competetive vacationer. Sure this is a game but it is not Super Smash Brothers with a PvP ladder etc. Some people like to "play" in a virtual world safely in their down time. I am with you on moving PvP along and I know you were responding to silverhaze calling people griefers and kiddies. .

why all the hate. . let sunshine(bear) into your life Sirius. . .I think maybe you are afraid.

Edit: Right now PvP centric players might be getting bored. . but. if they drop the safezones now they will also lose players who want to just build. . and then the PvPers will leave out of boredom since the mechanics are so non-existant. Let the builders build to help pay for the development of the PvP mechanics we need. The question is who will get bored first.

actually if you read what i said it's that this has already been clarified by the devs post poll after poll won't get what you want pvp will come until then it's pointless to talk about and i'm not even playing because i am waiting for a reason to pvp i'm done with building n crafting.

see it's you lack of reading comprehension that makes me assume your a little kid

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhaze View Post
    actually if you read what i said it's that this has already been clarified by the devs post poll after poll won't get what you want pvp will come until then it's pointless to talk about and i'm not even playing because i am waiting for a reason to pvp i'm done with building n crafting.

see it's you lack of reading comprehension that makes me assume your a little kid
    My reading comprehension skills are absolutely impeccable. You can bank that. A thorough understanding of the exact meaning of your post has no bearing on the fact that this game is chock full of exactly the type of player I described. If you don't fit the bill, you have my congratulations.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest that if you want to toss around insults like this, you should try not writing like an illiterate idiot.

I wouldn't have a problem with safe zones staying. I wouldn't have a problem with safe zones staying in some areas but not be available in new areas, and those areas having high value, rare resources. I wouldn't have a problem with safe zones going completely, as long as mechanics existed to build proper fortifications that would prevent zergs from taking over everything. I wouldn't mind safe zones not protecting players who initiate combat with other players.

I'm actually pretty easy going about the whole thing myself. If I can solo, somewhere, somehow, I'm happy. Wouldn't mind a chance to build something that could be knocked down at some point, either! Although so far my ability to plan and build structures hasn't resulted in much more than an unsightly mess, I'm sure there's a brilliant genius of impenetrable fortification design lurking in here somewhere. Maybe...

My reading comprehension skills are absolutely impeccable. You can bank that. A thorough understanding of the exact meaning of your post has no bearing on the fact that this game is chock full of exactly the type of player I described. If you don't fit the bill, you have my congratulations.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest that if you want to toss around insults like this, you should try not writing like an illiterate idiot.
    illiterate idiot huh thanks for proving my point. you act like a spoiled child demanding things go his way lol.

the beauty of xsyon is it will have room for crafters and pvpers alike you seem to think everyone should play your way and if not they are useless carebears. So what it's their dime they are playing on.

pvp areas are coming and if you can't wait for them you just prove my point again, as for throwing insults i haven't done that at all yet. but i can start if the forum warrior in you so desires i'm just afraid your reading comprehension may not allow you to understand them

Xsyon Citizen
    You claimed I lack "reading comprehension" ability, which I quite obviously do not. My response was to tell you that such insults look pretty silly coming from someone whose posts are borderline-illiterate.

Calling you out for your inability to communicate clearly using written English is not "demanding things go my way". I haven't demanded anything.

You're the one who thought that making idiotic insults would somehow contribute meaningfully to this discussion. This is unsurprising, since people who are in the wrong (or are incapable of engaging in rational debate) tend to resort to personal attacks as a substitute for genuine discussion.

Regardless, if you go around insulting people, I counsel you to anticipate that your audience will respond in kind.

It utterly boggles the mind that you can post this:

all the little kiddies just want to grief people, it's only thing they can accomplish in life i guess.
    and then just 2 hours later, in the same thread, post this:

as for throwing insults i haven't done that at all yet.
    I can't even begin to speculate as to the combination of ignorance and insanity that would lead you to think this was an accurate thing to say.

You claimed I lack "reading comprehension" ability, which I quite obviously do not. My response was to tell you that such insults look pretty silly coming from someone whose posts are borderline-illiterate.

Calling you out for your inability to communicate clearly using written English is not "demanding things go my way". I haven't demanded anything.

You're the one who thought that making idiotic insults would somehow contribute meaningfully to this discussion. This is unsurprising, since people who are in the wrong (or are incapable of engaging in rational debate) tend to resort to personal attacks as a substitute for genuine discussion.

Regardless, if you go around insulting people, I counsel you to anticipate that your audience will respond in kind.

It utterly boggles the mind that you can post this:

and then just 2 hours later, in the same thread, post this:

I can't even begin to speculate as to the combination of ignorance and insanity that would lead you to think this was an accurate thing to say.
    lol those were observations not insults sorry you can't comprehend that rofl

You're both trying way too hard to be smartest guy on the internets. Congrats one of you gets the gold and one of you gets the silver... too bad it's the Special Olympics.

I'm not about to read 11 pages....

Safe zones should only be turned off 1-2 weeks AFTER working gates are put into place. Players must have a way to secure their property with working game mechanics prior to safe zones being removed. Period.