View Poll Results: When Should Safe Zones Be Turned Off?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 Weeks

27 19.01%
  • 4 Weeks

18 12.68%
  • 3 Months

18 12.68%
  • 6 Months

79 55.63%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Post When Should Safe Zones Be Turned Off?

When Should Safe Zones Be Turned Off?

1.) 2 Weeks
    2.) 4 Weeks
    3.) 3 Months
    4.) 6 Months

Most of the guys I play with (15-20 of us) are willing to bust our ass for a month (4 weeks) to build and fortify a territory if full PvP was turned on after that.

I am creating this pole to gauge what/how the community thinks on this.

-Big C

i don't want to sound like I'm contradicting myself, but after prelude would be the answer for me.

I'm against safe zone, but they have already stated how prelude would work. I just think the community needs to be made aware that this won't be the same game after prelude when it comes to pvp.

Then how long is prelude going to last? 6 months (from what we can gather as the answer) is just too long.

I will be drastically losing my team's interest in this game if they bust their ass in building a months worth of work only to find it's pretty much meaningless. See where I am getting at Keith? 4 weeks is the limit I am getting from most of them who played the game all weekend.

Be nice to have an exact number. And for hope's sake it's not 6 months!

I can't vote in this poll. It requires me to know things that I don't know about how far along the devs are with working out the ruleset and how I'll feel about the current ruleset in the future. I wanted to put 'six months' because it's my first impulse, but I can't. And I fear only the 'we want pvp right now' and the 'I never, ever want safe zones removed from this game' players are going to be able to vote with full confidence that they won't change their mind in a few weeks or months.

i substituted after prelude for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    the devs have already stated that it could be at least 6 months for prelude. It really depends on how fast they get the features in that they are determined to get in before they want prelude to be over.

It's all speculation.

I myself am also wondering what our tribe will be doing after the first couple months when our city is complete and everyone has their own personal house.

There really won't be much left to do after that until prelude is over.

Big C, can you stop making like 18324189 threads on the same subject.

Whenever other systems are in place to prevent the game from being griefed to hell and back.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Then how long is prelude going to last? 6 months (from what we can gather as the answer) is just too long.

I will be drastically losing my team's interest in this game if they bust their ass in building a months worth of work only to find it's pretty much meaningless. See where I am getting at Keith? 4 weeks is the limit I am getting from most of them who played the game all weekend.

When you asked this in the other thread I thought you were kidding, sorry. The answer is even worse for you...Prelude will last for 6 months minimum. It can be longer than that, depending on the development speed. Safe zones won't be removed till we get the structures we can use to protect tribe areas (gates, walls, etc).

I understand your concerns but this is how the game was planned. You can try to ask for an FFA PvP server, there is a chance to get it if there is enough players wishing it.

I won't vote becouse I want safezones to be gone when game is ready for it. As I uderstand PvP is meant to be mainly in war system not outside of it, like it's now. Combat system has to be improved too. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later. Economy will be set around war, we're not crafting armor and weapons for hunting.