Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yesterday, I saw a griefer get dealt with by a Guide in a rather amusing and effective way. So there's a defininte line, and definite action is taken when that line is crossed. I'd report any person or tribe pulling any of the listed garbage and see what happens, if it ever happens at all. Which I hope not, but there are some inventive little puppies out there.

Quote Originally Posted by darg75 View Post
    I'm detecting a "people are bad, apart from me" mindset here. Just because it could be done, does it mean that it will? If it is done, why do you think it would be done on a large scale? Would you do it to someone else?

I believe that people are generally good. It's a possibility that there will be a few out there that get kicks out of being annoying - will theyfollow you around Xyson hassling you at every step - I personally doubt it.

I think it's more likely that if (or if you prefer - when) bad behaviour like this occurs it won't be on a scale to ruin the game. If it does get out of hand the player base will deal with it. If they can't and it's impacting the game for a large group of people, the developers will deal with it.
    It's probably not a good idea to ignore history. In this case, these types of problems have negatively impacted other similar games, often on a scale that disrupts the enjoyment of a lot of people.

It won't be just the exploits listed in this thread, in that they were just an example. It'll be the totality of exploits, dupes, hacks, etc that will create an overall negative affect that the entire community will feel.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Yesterday, I saw a griefer get dealt with by a Guide in a rather amusing and effective way. So there's a defininte line, and definite action is taken when that line is crossed. I'd report any person or tribe pulling any of the listed garbage and see what happens, if it ever happens at all. Which I hope not, but there are some inventive little puppies out there.
    If the rules allow you to do it, how will everyone know where the "line" is?

If a tribe is evil, and RP'ing it, will a guide be there to contantly interfere with the RP scenario they are trying to play out in the "freedom" of a sandbox game?

Quote Originally Posted by SOFWarrior View Post
    If the rules allow you to do it, how will everyone know where the "line" is?

If a tribe is evil, and RP'ing it, will a guide be there to contantly interfere with the RP scenario they are trying to play out in the "freedom" of a sandbox game?

You better ask a guide or ask in the forum for any specifics on that one, I think I've jumped to enough conclusions for one day. My feet hurt and my legs are tired!

The Guides are like mythical gods and goddesses. Now it's immersive... lol.

I'm not here to start mass panic, but I am here for the long haul. I started this post because people are convinced their position is best without even listening to others or considering the downstream impacts. I just want everyone to be aware that for every good idea, there may be be many issues lurking in the shadows. Just be open during discussions and listen to all view points.

I have no confidence in guides being able to control griefing if the ruleset has huge holes. Sure they can do it now with few people online, but once things get rolling look out.

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing, but I'm with SOFWarrior, history tells us that many people get their kicks ruining other folks fun. With the game being so immature, it is going to take a long while to straighten out.

Looking at all the "TO BE" content and the current state of the game, I'd bet the next wipe won't be the last....

Quote Originally Posted by darg75 View Post
    I'm detecting a "people are bad, apart from me" mindset here. Just because it could be done, does it mean that it will? If it is done, why do you think it would be done on a large scale? Would you do it to someone else?

I believe that people are generally good. It's a possibility that there will be a few out there that get kicks out of being annoying - will theyfollow you around Xyson hassling you at every step - I personally doubt it.

I think it's more likely that if (or if you prefer - when) bad behaviour like this occurs it won't be on a scale to ruin the game. If it does get out of hand the player base will deal with it. If they can't and it's impacting the game for a large group of people, the developers will deal with it.
    it was proven in DF that if there is a loophole everyone wants in on it.

I will pay guilds to surround safe zone with totems and "camp them" for being tools.

These things are the kind you would report and get those people booted from the game. Even tho the quality of our guides, GMs, is questionable, a consequence of letting players become guides... Hopi

I'm glad to say tho that Templar and its players would never sink to such levels just because of a little competition we'll grief and destroy players through fair means of gameplay, I personally go to great lengths to stop players from doing game breaking behaviors like what was stated. When it comes down to it, its up to the individual player to stop things like this.

I also agree that all the "new comers" to threads lately have greatly diminished its quality, and the majority of these threads totally redundant and just plain stupid. A consequence of allowing everyone here tho...

"allowing me here?" I paid my 40 bux.

I also run a rather large guild and am scouting this game as a main game for us. I don't want only a pvp game.. but I dont want certain areas to be invulnerable. I loved this game at first but if the community want to just sit in their tribe area untouched crafting this game isn't the game we thought it was.