Law of unintended consequences

Many of us had fun in beta even with the half implemented systems. The great potential could be seen and we had fun figuring out how things work and building our little piece of the dream, however...

When large populations start settling in after the servers stabilize, I think we can expect to see griefing and abuse of all these half finished systems that will make us all rethink our vision of the game. I'm going to list a few here, but I'm not giving away any secrets. We all know they though of them and are ready to cause trouble.

For example
  • teraforming - Have a nice junk pile by your camp you plan on using. What if a big griefing guild builds a bunch of homesteads on it and starts deleting it with teraforming? Nice big walls or pits built for no purpose other than to annoy you?
  • village safe zones - I like the idea of having a safe home. However, in the hands of someone malicious, they can do things you don't like right next to your home and be totally safe in their safe zone too. Obviously the can teraform or build walls to limit your movement, but they could also use baskets (or any object) to put offensive words on the ground next to your camp and you won't be able to do anything about it.
  • easy totem placement - With no requirements to place a totem and only a 6 hour reset. Homesteads can be placed, walls constructed or natural resources destroyed with transforming. Once they ruin your area, they can pack up go to bed and ruin another area after they wake up.

There can be things done about all of these, but it won't before we start playing. I'd consider the law of unintended consequences when you are making your demands on the forums because the best intentions sometimes lead to disastrous results.