View Poll Results: I want a seperate server with no safe zones.

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 38.10%
  • Yes please

13 61.90%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmultz View Post
    I believe the poll results are used to determine voters manners.
    Shhhh!

Why don't you set up some pvp "war-like" thing? Will is doing his arena..

You could simply ask the devs to add another thread called "war".. And set up a poll for times people are available... and then have a HUGE PLAYER CREATED WAR. It could be FFA... guild base and the like. Set up the Zone number ahead of time. Something like that.

You don't have to be w/out any fun warlike pvp just because there are safe zones. You could even create a tribe somewhere and build it up pretty nice and disband it so that it could be a kind of king of the hill tourney and it would all be player organized. Except some guild might come and claim it lol. Even so as long as you aren't part of that guild you can still pvp your heart out.

Folks that are in this game to simply gank everyone will run players from the game unless players get protection somehow, its that simple,, If I personally cant play the game as intended because everytime I try to build up my craft or Tribe area some asshats come along with no better intent than to find exploits and screw with me , I and some of my friends will leave this game period!..I love PvP but not in this type of game,, I play BadCompany 2, and World War 2 on line its pure PvP and I get my fix,, Gankers cant play those type games to long as everyone is a ganker...lol.. no advantage over anyone other than experience in those type of games..its just me and my 2 cents worth nothing more..

Quote Originally Posted by Viper66 View Post
    Folks that are in this game to simply gank everyone will run players from the game unless players get protection somehow, its that simple,, If I personally cant play the game as intended because everytime I try to build up my craft or Tribe area some asshats come along with no better intent than to find exploits and screw with me , I and some of my friends will leave this game period!..I love PvP but not in this type of game,, I play BadCompany 2, and World War 2 on line its pure PvP and I get my fix,, Gankers cant play those type games to long as everyone is a ganker...lol.. no advantage over anyone other than experience in those type of games..its just me and my 2 cents worth nothing more..
    And that's cool man, we can most certainly respect your playstyle and opinion. This is exactly why trying to combine these 2 playstyles (what the devs are invisioning), is going to be very hard (if not impossible) to pull off. Heck, top studios with millions of dollars in brain power have failed over and over in trying to accomplish it.

LOL.. thanks Bigcountry,, i was waiting for the blow torch to be aimed at me..... Yes will be interesting to see how its handled,, will wait and see,, hope it will work out somehow..

Quote Originally Posted by Shmultz View Post
    I believe the poll results are used to determine voters manners.
    Rofl exactly, and we have more voters who chose 'Yes' than the ones who chose 'Yes please'...kinda sad

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus
    Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

Here is the plan:

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.

If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time you may keep the safe zone on.

Hope this clears things up.
    With that being said, we need to vote again. I have a feeling the votes for "Yes" will increase 10 fold.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    Are you afraid of differing opinions, sir?
    Considering that 1. I'm not a sir and 2. my own opinion differed...um, no!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    With that being said, we need to vote again. I have a feeling the votes for "Yes" will increase 10 fold.
    i doubt it you hardcore pvp'rs are usually a minority in most mmo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Do you not grasp that some people, like you claim yourself to be, don't like to PVE or craft? You need those players alongside you to diversify the game world. I don't want to go play rock em sock em robots on some bears and racoons for days, so I'll get some guy who likes doing that to get my shit for me. While he's doing that i'll be chopping necks and fueling his crafting by providing him with incentive to do so.
    Illmaculate - wow the voice of common sense and reason i never thought id see it!