View Poll Results: I want a seperate server with no safe zones.

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 38.10%
  • Yes please

13 61.90%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ohhh I get it now, this poll is to list the players who plan to quit Xsyon because they aren't getting thier way. Gotcha!

Just kidding. PvP is just as important in this game as scrap piles are. If you had no fear of wandering around everyone would build a solo homestead and do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. No, I dont think there should be a seperate server. What I think is the whiner PvP types need to just buck up and accept the system in game the way it is and learn2play in it. If they can't learn2play with the carebears in thier sandbox then maybe they need to go find a new sandbox to play in. But, the carebaears aren't gonna get outta the box or move over for you, your just gonna have to learn to deal with that fact.

Now, either your man enough to play this game with the carebears the way it is, or your not man enough to do that. Thats really the only question that needs to be asked around here.

What sold me on this game was the ffa full loot pvp in a sandbox with a lot of sand.

What i got, a sandbox with the word sand written on a piece of paper, anti-griefind laws enforced my magical guides, invisible force fields protecting me, and the ability to dig a hole that i have to /unstuck myself out of....what the hell happend here?

Sandboxes are suppose to be easy....create the world, drop some players into it, and step the fuck back....why are we wasting valuable development time deabating rulesets? The faster we get the whole world, the sooner that the people that fear pvp can have a huge world to hide in.

If this game is all pve carebears, then all of them can easily band together and stomp out the pvpers...oh wait no griefing policy...well they can refuse to sell us their good then, force us to suffer and craft.

Really not liking where this game is headed anymore.

Anyway the pvp in darkfall that everyone is clamoring over, and fearing, was so over dramatized. All you had to do was prepare for it and you were fine.

Why are we all so scared of virtual death, or losing that tent that didnt do anything anyway, or losing those tools that some guy near you has made 100's of and is throwing them away?

Does everyone really want a terraforming real life sim game?

Wish this game had the population to support a no rules pvp server, hell we might even be able to get some friends and guilds to stop on by and give you all $40 if there was.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    What sold me on this game was the ffa full loot pvp in a sandbox with a lot of sand.

What i got, a sandbox with the word sand written on a piece of paper, anti-griefind laws enforced my magical guides, invisible force fields protecting me, and the ability to dig a hole that i have to /unstuck myself out of....what the hell happend here?

Sandboxes are suppose to be easy....create the world, drop some players into it, and step the fuck back....why are we wasting valuable development time deabating rulesets? The faster we get the whole world, the sooner that the people that fear pvp can have a huge world to hide in.

If this game is all pve carebears, then all of them can easily band together and stomp out the pvpers...oh wait no griefing policy...well they can refuse to sell us their good then, force us to suffer and craft.

Anyway the pvp in darkfall that everyone is clamoring over, and fearing, was so over dramatized. All you had to do was prepare for it and you were fine.

Why are we all so scared of virtual death, or losing that tent that didnt do anything anyway, or losing those tools that some guy near you has made 100's of and is throwing them away?

Wish this game had the population to support a no rules pvp server, hell we might even be able to get some friends and guilds to stop on by and give you all $40 if there was.
    Damn, well said man. That about sums up this entire day. I hope Xsyon himself reads that.

What i got, a sandbox with the word sand written on a piece of paper, anti-griefing laws enforced my magical guides, invisible force fields protecting me, and the ability to dig a hole that i have to /unstuck myself out of....what the hell happened here?

Sandboxes are suppose to be easy....create the world, drop some players into it, and step the fuck back....why are we wasting valuable development time debating rulesets? The faster we get the whole world, the sooner that the people that fear pvp can have a huge world to hide in.

Why are we all so scared of virtual death, or losing that tent that didn't do anything anyway, or losing those tools that some guy near you has made 100's of and is throwing them away?

So... first of all, the people debating rule sets are not working on the game, and I don't see how they could slow down development. You go on to tell all the 'care bears' who 'only pve', to 'band together and stomp out the pvper's'. Wait what? The people who apparently 'only pve', should band together and pvp the griefers out? Not really sure what happened to your logic there. If you don't like where the game is headed, maybe you should have read slightly more about the game rather than stopping at the words 'pvp sandbox'.

Just because most players want one small area of the map to craft, build, and interact in, why does that mean they are scared of virtual death? IMO all it prevents is pointless griefing."oh look he is building the fire, get him!"

You complain that we can terraform? really? Sounds like this is not the game you were looking for at all. You should be able to get a refund though. This game is not made to be, will not be changed to be a ffa pvp mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post

That sentance I bolded there is just too funny. The games direction hasn't changed at all, you guys are just now starting to read what everyone here has been telling you to read from the start. Its not our fault you all refused to listen this long.

Quote Originally Posted by river111 View Post
    That sentance I bolded there is just too funny. The games direction hasn't changed at all, you guys are just now starting to read what everyone here has been telling you to read from the start. Its not our fault you all refused to listen this long.
    You hit the nail right on the head. But that is ok.. A few less people and now afew more sandbox players will show up. I've already seen several people on MMORPG that have decided to pickup the game since that has been cleared up.

I imagine we will get alot more of the Wurm crowed now also, now that its been cleared up. I would much rather get some of the Wurm crowed then Darkfall.

I want a separate server if it works like this (copy/paste of part of my post in another thread):

I want to see meaningful alignment perks and consequences, territory conquest and control that matters, and no safe zone switch (just as he originally stated). That switch is going to cause tons of problems with regard to trying to conquer/control territory. Those two styles simply are not going to fit with how the game is set up.

I do not want a "chaos" server or whatever he called it. That would be boring as hell. If I want a deathmatch, I'll play Quake.

And, river...

It seems the direction has changed. You find me one quote before today that states tribal zones would have a safety switch. Don't come back with quotes about how Jordi doesn't want griefers or anything like that, because that isn't directly relate to open-PvP. Strong alignment systems minimize the PvP-griefers. (Hard to say a kill in an open-PvP game is "grief", though.)

The only quote you will find is one where he said a tribe's main town might be safe, but he wasn't sure. I'd be somewhat OK with that idea if the main towns were in low resource and less desirable areas.

Just to make it easy, you will not find anything before today that says "tribe zones will have a safety switch". You will only find "safe zones will be removed after Prelude", structures being attackable at all times, raids on tribes, sieges on tribes, etc. Virtus even posted that "safe zones will be removed after Prelude" only a few weeks ago on the mmorpg.com forums.

No you wont find a quote that says that before now. What you will find is the change the PvP crowd has been tryingto impliment here for the past month. Consistantly they have been like the 4 year old at the check out line rolling on the floor screaming 'I want, I want' while thier mother just shakes her head and continues to finish paying. The problem with all that is, you guys, the PvP crowd, have become so vocal, so controlling, that you actually forced the devs to put thier foot down and take a stand against you. They told you they didnt want this game to turn into a PvP gank fest like DF and MO. We told you that over and over too. But you kept insisting. Well, I'm sorry, but while you were kicking and screaming and rolling around on the floor there, daddy done walked up finally and seen it. And he handled the situation.

no.. and no please..

Quote Originally Posted by river111 View Post
    No you wont find a quote that says that before now. What you will find is the change the PvP crowd has been tryingto impliment here for the past month. Consistantly they have been like the 4 year old at the check out line rolling on the floor screaming 'I want, I want' while thier mother just shakes her head and continues to finish paying. The problem with all that is, you guys, the PvP crowd, have become so vocal, so controlling, that you actually forced the devs to put thier foot down and take a stand against you. They told you they didnt want this game to turn into a PvP gank fest like DF and MO. We told you that over and over too. But you kept insisting. Well, I'm sorry, but while you were kicking and screaming and rolling around on the floor there, daddy done walked up finally and seen it. And he handled the situation.
    We simply asked for safe zones to be removed during Prelude, since they were going to be removed, anyway. The discussion then evolved to safety in general and *bam*... Virtus throws a curveball that stated the complete opposite of what we were always told with regard to post Prelude. You trying to make more out of the ordeal than what was really asked is drama queen overload.

Again, stop equating PvP to "gank" and "grief". With that logic, you're going to get "ganked" and "griefed" a lot even with your safe tribe zone.

So, yep... You're absolutely correct in agreeing with me about not seeing a quote about a safety switch.

I'm under the impression that your side ranted enough to make Jordi change his mind, and that's why nothing was said differently until today.