Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: To the PKers

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    As much as im agaisnt hurting peoples feelings...ok im not, but it should never get personal and never cross the line into harassment or hate. However were all adults here, words are just words. Getting upset over words is probly the worst thing to get worked up about.

As someone who is at the recieving end of some of the most cruel and terrible words and phrases in game (yeah some people dislike getting ganked apparently, espeically multiple times) i have never felt the need to report them or fight back with words, they are afterall, just words.
    Agreed. There is a line you can cross very eaisly if not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    my son is three, yeah I am trying to not let him get into that habit too but.. DAMNIT ITS SOO HARD lol
    Of course it's hard, what can you take away from a 3 year old when he's bad? His teddybear? His blankie? That's not punishment, that's just mean. My kid, however, is a teenager, and he's been playing online games for awhile, but he's just now started picking up some words I don't use. So far looking at him and saying, "Don't use that word, people will assume you're a retarded bigot," hasn't worked, so he's about to meet up with some more severe consequences. Yep, that's right, I said 'retarded'. The one word of its kind that has found its way into my vocabulary. Guess maybe I should ground myself while I'm at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Of course it's hard, what can you take away from a 3 year old when he's bad? His teddybear? His blankie? That's not punishment, that's just mean. My kid, however, is a teenager, and he's been playing online games for awhile, but he's just now started picking up some words I don't use. So far looking at him and saying, "Don't use that word, people will assume you're a retarded bigot," hasn't worked, so he's about to meet up with some more severe consequences. Yep, that's right, I said 'retarded'. The one word of its kind that has found its way into my vocabulary. Guess maybe I should ground myself while I'm at it.
    true.

.... it's sad that people use words with miss-meanings like f to the a to the g has nothing to do with being homosexual. He's gay automatically means he's homosexual instead of the other 6 meanings it is.

Retarded can mean limited intellectual understanding.. in which case fits in a lot of ways that people say it shouldn't.

It's just like the "what does griefing/ganking/ffa pvp mean?" (tries to steer back on topic...)

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    .... it's sad that people use words with miss-meanings like f to the a to the g has nothing to do with being homosexual. He's gay automatically means he's homosexual instead of the other 6 meanings it is.

It's just like the "what does griefing/ganking/ffa pvp mean?" (tries to steer back on topic...)

I would help, but I'm grounded for sounding like a stupid bigot. Actually, I'll just play the five dollar game. You hear me use that word, I owe you five dollars. I hear you use that other word, you owe me five dollars. Kid always has more money somehow than I do anyway...

Oh wait. Topic. Back on. Hm. griefing is doing anything in game for the sole purpose of ruining another player's enjoyment of the game. Ganking is killing someone so ill-equipped in comparison to you (either because of skills, gear, inferior numbers, or just lack of pvp experience) that you know your opponent has no chance of winning. FFA pvp I always took to mean simply that you are not restricted to killing members of some opposite faction.

wow carebares or what

these type of games cater for crafters and PVP..how boring is a full crafting game with no risk attached..

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    wow carebares or what

these type of games cater for crafters and PVP..how boring is a full crafting game with no risk attached..
    Point me to the post where anyone is asking for a full crafting game with no pvp please. I didn't see one in this thread, and I know I sure didn't make one, because it's contrary to the type of game I want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Point me to the post where anyone is asking for a full crafting game with no pvp please. I didn't see one in this thread, and I know I sure didn't make one, because it's contrary to the type of game I want to play.
    i want a full crafting game with no pvp please =p

how the heck did my fictional conversation between a L337 and a uber RP Nazi turn into a free speech discussion :/

apologies didn't mean to offend...it was a caricature on gaming stereotypes.

muhbad.

OP was kind of annoying but this person is right that a good PvP MMO NEEDS both sheep and wolves, and must cater to both.