Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: To the PKers

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    So many strong, badass alpha males in this thread...

Those dating sites packed with lonely single women should redirect here.
    Note: www.ftj.com

Jordi is viewing this thread

Well If I might bring a point from that I learned in Another Sandbox MMO Mortal Online (which they didnt do); is you need to balance things out so PKing has more to it than just the killing for the lolz ( ya need some of it too but not all of it). I'll gladly fight anyone that wants to take my tribe land or steal my stuff; but I will always bitch and moan being killed by noobs pkers with a shovel.

The devs have to make sure they make it more interesting by adding more sand in the sandbox: give some areas a special advantage or resource that others dont and vice versa; give weapons or mats various edges on each other; dont just OP a type of mat or weapons over all the others. Then you will have happy crafters and challenging pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    Without looting/PvP/Greifing....its not a sandbox. If your "Protected" from other players in any way....its just another PvE game.

You have to deal with whatever comes your way..........
    No it is not. Prerequisite of a good sandbox isn't creating a huge arena, where only goal is to get as many kills as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by rixk View Post
    No it is not. Prerequisite of a good sandbox isn't creating a huge arena, where only goal is to get as many kills as possible.
    and that's what the game currently is outside of safe zones :O so the question is? is there not enough risks for pkers and is xsyon not a huge arena with just a safe zone in it?

EDIT:

personally I think that safe zone should be restricted to a part of the world and the tribes who want safe zones can go and build there, but the resources there are not as good, so they have to work harder, where someone who takes the risk, can get rewarded by less hard work because they took the risk of getting the better resources in the dangerous "world ending lands :P"

the options there right everyone is happy in the end of the day.

And to give people more options! they can choose to have safe zones in those lands that are deemed "safe zone"able" meaning only certain areas in the world you can have the option to have a safe zone "but these zones are generally lackluster in terms of location and resources"

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Of course it's hard, what can you take away from a 3 year old when he's bad? His teddybear? His blankie? That's not punishment, that's just mean. My kid, however, is a teenager, and he's been playing online games for awhile, but he's just now started picking up some words I don't use. So far looking at him and saying, "Don't use that word, people will assume you're a retarded bigot," hasn't worked, so he's about to meet up with some more severe consequences. Yep, that's right, I said 'retarded'. The one word of its kind that has found its way into my vocabulary. Guess maybe I should ground myself while I'm at it.
    Sympathy - the very worst part of it is once they start using a word that's the only word they use, over and over again. For me when I'm really mad I cuss up a storm that would make good christians go nuts - learned it from my Dad, and it's definitely not appropriate in certain settings.

But the best cussing I ever heard was at a JC Penneys during back to school shopping - clerk slammed her finger in the cash register and screamed "Son of a motherless goat" at the top of her lungs. We all had great sympathy for her, but couldn't stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    the options there right everyone is happy in the end of the day.
    Yes, I agree with that, options are needed. FFA-PvP is(should be) a possibility, but currently it is a requirement. Ideal would be: if someone want's to be hardcore PKer, he should be able to do that. If someone doesn't, also good, but it should happen without them being forced to stick on their 20 square meters wide patch of land 24/7.

Main problem is the interaction between those 2 parties to keep both parties happy. The feeling of danger should be there, but seeing anyone shouldn't trigger "OMG, someone is coming, where should I hide" or "YAY, someone moves, lets gank him" effect.

EDIT: updated a bit.

Itīs all about consequences. If you have nothing to loose, you donīt care. If you are hiding behind a fake name in a game you can act like the last moron. Most of us players are as far away from being so bad ass as we would say, as are couch potatoes who are watching pro athletes on tv. I bet not many of you would speak or behave in the same manner in a room with another person (except if he is really small) as you do in game. Those who actually would, arenīt on the internet, because jails donīt allow that . Thats why many seek glory in a computer game, because in RL they are only one of a million. The more frustrated you are, the more compensation you need. Making the next random person feel bad just makes your day a little more bearable. All in all games are a reflexion of the real world. There are bad guys, heroes, losers, the whole spectrum. The real difference is that you can quit a game if you donīt like it. In life that is a bit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvie View Post
    Sympathy - the very worst part of it is once they start using a word that's the only word they use, over and over again. For me when I'm really mad I cuss up a storm that would make good christians go nuts - learned it from my Dad, and it's definitely not appropriate in certain settings.

But the best cussing I ever heard was at a JC Penneys during back to school shopping - clerk slammed her finger in the cash register and screamed "Son of a motherless goat" at the top of her lungs. We all had great sympathy for her, but couldn't stop laughing.
    I am going to stop saying it though, I honestly don't even remember how or when it slipped into my vocabulary, but I can't tell my kid not to use an expression that has been and sadly sometimes is used to mock any group of people if I do the same thing.

Son of a motherless goat...even at the top of my lungs, it just wouldn't give the same satisfaction, although I could see it saving my job!

Edited to add: And it definitely made me smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Jordi is viewing this thread
    Of course he is. All this strife, all this action, all this debating. And his game has not even launched yet. I am sure he is thrilled to death. This is exactly what is suppose to happen when your soon to launch a good mmorpg.