Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Calm down, methods exist to keep food from spoiling. Beef jerky could always be a quick and easy option!

Food will decay cause we have item decay that includes food. Now as for slowing the process down of decay that is a interesting subject. Being able to slow down the decay of leather by oils and food by preservativies great idea. But yes we have decay just not turned on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by iraclear View Post
    edit: lol double posted for some reason sry
    Probably because you are a moron who just got a forum account and thinks you are going to change the game in some way when people like myself have been around from months helping to sort out bugs so eat a fat donkey D**K.

Quote Originally Posted by iraclear View Post
    wtf is wurm online? in my book he *is* being creative.
    If you took the time to click the link in my post before you posted like a blathering idiot you would have seen that his "idea" is a direct copy of the only other mmo with teraforming like this one and this game does not even have fucking mines you toolbag. so yes... A) he knows nothing about this game because he just got here like you and B) he is coming here looking for a graphics upgrade to wurm online which has the worst food decomposition system in the history of gaming. I'm sure food will decompose at some rate and eventually there will be ways to prevent or slow it but I am 100% positive that the developers are not going to clone the food decay and"salt mining" system from wurm online like this guy wants.

As far as being a loss if I left the game we'll let the developers decide that not some noob who knows nothing about the game or its mechanics. I've helped with the fixing of several bugs during the testing. What have you brought to the table?

Quote Originally Posted by dmrdrexel View Post
    Probably because you are a moron who just got a forum account and thinks you are going to change the game in some way when people like myself have been around from months helping to sort out bugs so eat a fat donkey D**K.

If you took the time to click the link in my post before you posted like a blathering idiot you would have seen that his "idea" is a direct copy of the only other mmo with teraforming like this one and this game does not even have fucking mines you toolbag. so yes... A) he knows nothing about this game because he just got here like you and B) he is coming here looking for a graphics upgrade to wurm online which has the worst food decomposition system in the history of gaming. I'm sure food will decompose at some rate and eventually there will be ways to prevent or slow it but I am 100% positive that the developers are not going to clone the food decay and"salt mining" system from wurm online like this guy wants.

As far as being a loss if I left the game we'll let the developers decide that not some noob who knows nothing about the game or its mechanics. I've helped with the fixing of several bugs during the testing. What have you brought to the table?
    careful don't start a flame war

however... i am all for the idea of preservatives, but i think that there should be salt deposits nearby ponds/rivers. Not every body of water should have one though. This would increase tribal trade in general which is always a plus I'm all for the idea of preservatives for food / leather, but while we're at it why not add oil or some other similiar product like animal fat to help keep moving metal parts functioning or maintain metal buildings

Quote Originally Posted by dmrdrexel View Post
    Biproduct of mining? Man you are creative; no wait you just stole a concept from wurm online and don't even try and act like that isn't where it came from.
    http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Salt
    never played wurm
    all i did was to use logic and common sense which is something you seem to be lacking.
    Never heard of wurm until i visited this site, and never heard anything about this game until a week ago.

But lets continue this about perservatives then.

Salt
    Oils (Animal, Flower, various seed oils?)
    Fish Oils (prob goes under animal)

Perserve food, slow decay on weapons and armors? even buildings?