Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Food and rotting?

Seems like you've gone into detail with most things, but it doesnt make sense to store food for months in a basket...

Well in sweden there is a dish where you store fish in salt for weeks, but imagine the smell.

But yeah you see where im going with this.

Salt could be a bi product from mining?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangei View Post
    Seems like you've gone into detail with most things, but it doesnt make sense to store food for months in a basket...

Well in sweden there is a dish where you store fish in salt for weeks, but imagine the smell.

Was also wondering about that. And if you store your cloth in your fish basket or vice versa, I think no one should want to wear the clothes you make, either!

I thought I read somewhere that food/fish will rot........not sure, and never saw that happen in game...but who knows

yeah im kinda trying this out myself...
    You try dumping some fish in a basket and you'll see how that smells after a week, why would it be different ingame?

I think this deserves more attention

Quote Originally Posted by Archangei View Post

Biproduct of mining? Man you are creative; no wait you just stole a concept from wurm online and don't even try and act like that isn't where it came from.
    http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Salt

If they implement that bullshit I'll be getting a refund and never playing the game again. If you want to be a slave to food go play Wurm. No one wants to spent 90% of their time in this game trying to get food because the food you got yesterday rotted while you were at work. Who the fuck wants to spend their days getting food so their char can remain functional and then have it rot in the couple of hours they are are work. DIAF

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Was also wondering about that. And if you store your cloth in your fish basket or vice versa, I think no one should want to wear the clothes you make, either!
    if we could only have the smells irritate while in combat.

The Texas Gulf Coast tribes used alligator fat to coat their bodies, keeps the mosquitos out. Westerners would vomit if they came in to the room, and it was said that even horses couldn't abide them.

Quote Originally Posted by dmrdrexel View Post
    Biproduct of mining? Man you are creative; no wait you just stole a concept from wurm online and don't even try and act like that isn't where it came from.
    http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Salt
    wtf is wurm online? in my book he *is* being creative.

If they implement that bullshit I'll be getting a refund and never playing the game again.
    oh man what a loss that'll be. but hey, why don't you go bk to 'wurm online'.

Who the fuck wants to spend their days getting food so their char can remain functional and then have it rot in the couple of hours they are are work.
    everyone except you. now, **** off.

Good idea, thread starter, this problem bothered me in DF aswell, I hope they pick up on ur suggestion

edit: lol double posted for some reason sry