Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Consensual warfare

Apparently u will be able to opt out of clan warfare. Good idea or bad idea. I would say that it depends on how it's implemented.

Let's say u declare your tribal area a safe zone. But one of your members goes out and attacks another tribe. Does the tribe lose their safe zone because the broke the peace?

Can u turn this on or off? Some tribes may think Its a good idea to participate or not participate in warfare. All fine and good, but what if they change their mind? Keeping this in mind, what will stop a tribe from attacking someone, the declaring themselves safe?

I'm sure there are other scenarios out there, so my only comment to this consensual warfare be implemented carefully.

I'm sure there are ways to deal with the possible scenarios given, but they must be taken into consideration.

Your thoughts?

where did you read this?

they only option for not being in wars that was talked about is that during prelude they were thinking about making it so that clans can war each other if they opted to.

After prelude, this will not be the case.

i'm sure they can have some type of code saying "if you are a member of tribe with pvp flag on then ok to attach other tribe with pvp flag on, else say not allowed to attack in current tribal area"

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    where did you read this?

they only option for not being in wars that was talked about is that during prelude they were thinking about making it so that clans can war each other if they opted to.

it was said by virtis in another thread that tribal warfare would be optional

I'm not at my computer right now, so I can't link it, but it's from the thread 'let's put this to rest'. I am obviously taking it on faith that the quote is correct. If it isn't, my bad, and ignore this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    where did you read this?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

Here is the plan:

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.

If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time you may keep the safe zone on.

Hope this clears things up.

in a game that is ultimately about resources, and the access to those resources...the ability to put a 'base' in a position to control a resource without any level of vulnerability is/could be problematic.

i'm all for allowing crafters and carebears to have their little piece of piece and solitude...however, it needs to not be in the middle of a heavily contested area.

For all the bluster, most pvp folks are very pragmatic...we'll typically seek to maximize our advantage, while minimizing exposure to risk...and typically we won't expose ourselves to risk unless we know eveyrone else has to as well. A toggle switch has a fair amount of ability to be abused.
    maybe only plots within x distance of starting points can be made safe? leaving most of the world wide open?

8. 02-21-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
    My thoughts are that there are AT LEAST 5 other threads on this topic and you should have posted in one of those.

Thank you for your $40.00 for the continued development of Xsyon.

didn't see five, I know of 1 other one, but the title really didn't say what it was about and may not be looked at. So I created this thread with a more 'to the point' title so that ppl would know what is going on.

thanks for your opinion though.

Ah damn?

So a PVP enabled server would be more likely then if you can opt out of PVP? I mean, who's going to turn off the safety when you're busy trying to craft and you have neighbouring PVP tribes... :/

I was under the impression tribal warfare aswell as tribal relationships were part of the same game? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    Ah damn?

So a PVP enabled server would be more likely then if you can opt out of PVP? I mean, who's going to turn off the safety when you're busy trying to craft and you have neighbouring PVP tribes... :/

I was under the impression tribal warfare aswell as tribal relationships were part of the same game? O_o
    you cant opt out of pvp. lets keep this on track you can only opt out of terrrtory wars. and that will also only apply to your "capital" later when new land is opened up it is likely that if u want to expand into it you will have to enable warfare.