View Poll Results: Stop the Rage/bickering/Flaming or Continue

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patience is a virtue, I will play out of beta and decide what the game needs

28 77.78%
  • I have no idea how the game will play-out after beta so will ignorantly rage without knowing

8 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    This new influx of people has brought a bunch of know it alls that want to claim the game for PvE or PvP entirely. The truth is both groups have been lured in with the air of promise...what actually happens, only time will tell.
    Nah... it's this: Full PVP OPEN NO SAFE ZONES VS Open PvP with few/small safe zones.

It's not pve vs pvp.

It's people that read: "...not pvp centric..." from jooky's interviews and then those that say "This is a PvP game".

Most of the complaining is actually the pvp centrists as the current Prelude is what they want changed.

I actually like pvp more than anything and say that whatever happens happens, but after reading countless posts and interviews I see this game as different in ruleset than DF and MO and will take the game as they give it to me.

Very solid statements from the OP.
    But then again there will always be those people yapping about this and that, and like wtf crap. yadda..yadda crap.
    You know what I mean.

If you want to avoid PvP, log in and hike you way all the way up the mountain and place a homestead or form a tribe/society far away from everyone. That's what I would do. You people act as if you have never played this game nor left the starting area....

The problem with this discusion is that "PvE" crowd is not trying to get rid of "PvP" crowd, but "PvP" crowd is trying to say that "PvE" crowd should be "PVP" if they want to play this game.

What if I want to log in after WORK(yes some of us spend most of our time doing stressful things for money) and just fish and talk with friends.
    If I have my safe zone that doesn't mean that I don't have to fight for resources.
    I actually don't like direct PvP. I prefer economical manipulation and politics to weaken my enemies(that's within game mechanics). If I don't have my safe spot to do what I want, I will leave and most of dedicated crafters will too.

I wonder what will combat speced players do when there's no one to sell them weapon or armor(of high quality at least).

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    The problem with this discusion is that "PvE" crowd is not trying to get rid of "PvP" crowd, but "PvP" crowd is trying to say that "PvE" crowd should be "PVP" if they want to play this game.

What if I want to log in after WORK(yes some of us spend most of our time doing stressful things for money) and just fish and talk with friends.
    If I have my safe zone that doesn't mean that I don't have to fight for resources.
    I actually don't like direct PvP. I prefer economical manipulation and politics to weaken my enemies(that's within game mechanics). If I don't have my safe spot to do what I want, I will leave and most of dedicated crafters will too.

I wonder what will combat speced players do when there's no one to sell them weapon or armor(of high quality at least).
    Soft cap on separate pools, unfortunately. We'll craft our own stuff. Alts, too. Or people in the same tribe who like to craft. Being a PvP'er doesn't mean you don't like to craft.

Ok, so are you trying to say that crafters that don't like to PvP, doesn't have place in this game with awesome crafting system?

There is stat distribution, if I want to max my crafting stats I will suck at combat.

seriously this pool needs third option! How about most of us that played from beta and we have clue and we wanna make suggestions because in truth this game is made for community by community we shape the outcomes... I havent seen many great mmo that would succed without communities suggestions and taking in concern this is done by indie they have lot things to learn