Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm just going to plop my safe zone over that resource you need that's practically no where else. You don't like my prices? Too bad.~~~~

The game caters mostly to a crafting community and since you choose stats that will affect crafting/etc you will find that most players have characters totally gimped when it comes to combat. If PvP was FFA and there were no safe zones, then the ganker community would prevail simply because of their focus on pvp stats (str, con, agi).

If this game ever goes towards FFA pvp, then it first need to get rid of stats altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by markusan View Post
    The game caters mostly to a crafting community and since you choose stats that will affect crafting/etc you will find that most players have characters totally gimped when it comes to combat. If PvP was FFA and there were no safe zones, then the ganker community would prevail simply because of their focus on pvp stats (str, con, agi).

If this game ever goes towards FFA pvp, then it first need to get rid of stats altogether.
    That's why you get people to protect you. The ones that do focus on combat. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm not saying they should make it FFA like Darkfall, but there should be some kind of restrictions with regards to how safe cities are set up.

I have no idea why the DFO and MO crowd came to this game. I played both of them. I read the forums here and others gaming forums. I never thought this would be a PVP centered, FFA, Full loot game in the genre of DFO or MO. At some point it may begin to resemble EVE Online with different zones. Safe Zones work well for me and I have no problem respecting the play style of others. I am happy to let them enjoy the game in the their own way without interference from the ganking crowd. In Eve, I never played in null sec and still enjoyed the game as a mining corporation.

I think the Jooki got it right. Ask for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Toughluck View Post
    I have no idea why the DFO and MO crowd came to this game. I played both of them. I read the forums here and others gaming forums. I never thought this would be a PVP centered, FFA, Full loot game in the genre of DFO or MO. At some point it may begin to resemble EVE Online with different zones. Safe Zones work well for me and I have no problem respecting the play style of others. I am happy to let them enjoy the game in the their own way without interference from the ganking crowd. In Eve, I never played in null sec and still enjoyed the game as a mining corporation.

I think the Jooki got it right. Ask for a refund.
    But in Eve there is risk vs. reward. Resources that are used to craft certain items are only found in null-sec. You can't get every resource in high-sec without buying it from the people that get it in null-sec. With the way it is now, players would be able to choose to set themselves up near any resource they like, then go safe.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    But in Eve there is risk vs. reward. Resources that are used to craft certain items are only found in null-sec. You can't get every resource in high-sec without buying it from the people that get it in null-sec. With the way it is now, players would be able to choose to set themselves up near any resource they like, then go safe.
    This would be valid if there were rare resources in the game, right now it is prelude, perhaps in the future there will be areas like null-sec, with rare resources only attainable there.