Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I think letting tribes have safe areas is fine. I do not think it will be fine if tribes can just up and move their safe zone where ever they please, and it'd be so imbalanced if tribes can just spread, and claim more land and designate all of that as safe. There needs to be some restrictions on this with regards to placing safe zones around resources.
    Easy. Just have the base tribal lands as safe, anything counted as extended land is free game. Like a capitol city and its surrounding fields and towns.

Edit: Im not trying to imply that in RL farms are free game, just saying that they would be hard to protect. And safe zones are to simulate daily security detail that no one is a game wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    basically it doesn't matter what we want, it matters what the devs want they are the ones that have the vision, we are just paying to play in that vision not change it.
    That's the thing, I have no clue what the 2 devs want right now or which direction they are taking this game. They sold me on a FFA PVP, now they are nerfing it off with a consensual flag. How did that work out for PotBC? Those guys did the same thing, and that game flopped harder than a fat person at Sea World....

A true sandbox mmorpg does not have any rules. The players create the rules and govern each other. It's that simple, that's what defines it and draws people into it. All the devs do is "Dungeon Master" the world their players interact in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    That's the thing, I have no clue what the 2 devs want right now or which direction they are taking this game. They sold me on a FFA PVP, now they are nerfing it off with a consensual flag. How did that work out for PotBC? Those guys did the same thing. And that game now makes money off an item mall model....

A true sandbox mmorpg does not have any rules. The players create the rules and govern each other. It's that simple, that's what defines it.
    Yes but its also a game. Unlike real life, we cant be in-game to protect our city 24/7. There has to be some mechanic to take the chore out of daily tasks, like keeping crime out of a city.

A true sandbox mmorpg does not have any rules.
    that is subjective as their is no true definition of what a sandbox is, but what people think it should be. My subjective opinion is that it has limited rules, and player driven.

if we go by your definition then there has not been many sandbox mmo's, people consider eve online a sandbox yet it has safe areas, people considered swg pre nge a sandbox yet it wasn't FFA either as you can see again it is all subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Yes but its also a game. Unlike real life, we cant be in-game to protect our city 24/7. There has to be some mechanic to take the chore out of daily tasks, like keeping crime out of a city.
    Then you build walls to protect it. That's simple. That was your plan right? You need to do that anyway PvP flag or not. Walls are a must in this game if you plan to leave any stacked resources on the ground.

The only sandbox to EvE is 0.0 sec.

And that place has zero rules.

It's the heartbeat of the game.

The only sandbox to EvE is 0.0 sec.

And that place has zero rules.

It's the heartbeat of the game.
    but that is only 25% of the game, majority of the player base is in high sec, you pvpers in xyson will have 95% of the game to apply your trade

Then you build walls to protect it. That's simple. That was your plan right? You need to do that anyway PvP flag or not. Walls are a must in this game if you plan to leave any stacked resources on the ground.
    Wait, you dont have a toggle for an invisible force field around your home?

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Wait, you dont have a toggle for an invisible force field around your home?
    wait, you dont have a 30 second respawn to life option when you die in real life?
    also dont have a bag thats 12 inches around that can hold 50 stacks of large log poles?
    or even a totally disappear when you decide to take a break from being a person running around so no one can hurt or find you? (logging off)
    lets remove them also then, as they dont exist in the real world either

these attempts to relate "real life" to a twisted view of what constitues logical rules/mechanics in a virtual world never work..

Regardless of where this game goes, the current ruleset allows someone to come into your chit and "sort" any stacked resources you have piled up. So I would build walls man regardless of which side of the fence you on in all of this. Just saying.